AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a great idea for those of us that can't have those AWESOME 30 round magazines. I realized that a 10 round magazine just doesn't look right.

I started thinking about a magazine that looks externally like a 30-rounder,

but only holds 10. You can do the same with the 20-round mags, depending on which you liked more.

Any thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you saying to do? I hate the look of a 10 rounder sticking out of my AR but word on the boards is NJ won't allowed blocked (to 15) round mags anymore so I'll just have to wait until I move. P-Mag has some 15 round mags so I'm going to pick one or two up to see how they are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doesnt cali have that permanent non removeable magazine in their ARs?

sucks for them
It doesnt always have to be like the carbon-15 california compliant rifle that Bushmaster sells. I built two lowers up, both with pre-ban uppers from Stag. One of the lowers is a Mega and the other is a Rock River. The only difference between everyone elses AR's and California's is the use of a mag locking device. The law states that a "tool" must be utilized to release the magazine. This can include a bullet, which makes a bullet button release system legal. The device I chose to go with was a mag lock which uses an allen screw to lock the magazine in place. I like this design for the fact of when I go across the border to nevada or arizona, I simply unscrew the allen screw until its flush with the face of the mag release button and it becomes a fully functioning standard mag release.

The other option is the pistol grip that isnt a pistol grip at all. It doesnt allow the thumb to the other side of the grip so you can then use a regular mag release. This was too gay for me, so I decided to go with the mag lock. At least the only thing I can do to un-gay my rifles is uncrew a tiny little screw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the magazine can not be convertable to more than 10 rounds so you'd have to find a way to permanently reduce the capacity.

I'll stick to the regular 10 round mags. They work fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just had a great idea for those of us that can't have those AWESOME 30 round magazines. I realized that a 10 round magazine just doesn't look right.

I started thinking about a magazine that looks externally like a 30-rounder,

but only holds 10. You can do the same with the 20-round mags, depending on which you liked more.

Any thoughts?
If this isn't the stupidest crap I've seen here, I don't know what is. If you want to spout anti-gay bigotry or any other kind on XDTalk you better make your thread PV. This has no place in this forum here as far as I am concerned.
:mad::mad::mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If this isn't the stupidest crap I've seen here, I don't know what is. If you want to spout anti-gay bigotry or any other kind on XDTalk you better make your thread PV. This has no place in this forum here as far as I am concerned.
:rolleyes: If a single word offends you, I pray you don't end up in public at any point. Gay has become a synonym for dumb, retarded, lame, whatever you want to call it. I've heard things from people that are not racist, homophobic, or sexist that would make a racist, homophobe, or sexist blush. And they were'nt any of those things for saying. A word is a word, if it offends you so be it. But people don't make a fuss about someone calling an idea retarded, even though the word retard describes a mentally handicapped person.

Sorry, long day. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lazarus, have you ordered/received any of these yet? Their website seems a bit shady, but they do list a brick and mortar location, just a good ways from me.

This is the first time I've seen a 15 round AR-15 Mag. I'm very interested now!
No I havent... yet but they are a vendor or member on hkpro.com and come highly respected from a member there. What town do you live in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:rolleyes: If a single word offends you, I pray you don't end up in public at any point. Gay has become a synonym for dumb, retarded, lame, whatever you want to call it. I've heard things from people that are not racist, homophobic, or sexist that would make a racist, homophobe, or sexist blush. And they were'nt any of those things for saying. A word is a word, if it offends you so be it. But people don't make a fuss about someone calling an idea retarded, even though the word retard describes a mentally handicapped person.

Sorry, long day. :lol:
This isn't the place for this crap. If you like this stuff go somewhere else. If you want to talk about AR-15's great... talk. If you want to ridicule a group of people, mark the thread PV and have it moved to the appropriate forum for political talk. But no matter how you slice it it doesn't belong here.
Capiche?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bree, I do believe that Jmanwit had no intention of putting down any group of people by his label on a picture. I saw this earlier and thought nothing of it. I saw no problem at all with it. I understand that you do not like the way it was used. My only question is, does this violate any COC? If not how about you ignore it rather than going on a rant?

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't notice any COC violations. I have no problem with it either.

The topic started out discussing 10 round magazines. If you don't want to discuss 10 round magazines or how it is discussed, then don't participate in the topic. I don't think anyone on this forum has to cater their subject matter to the liking of anyone elses' opinions and beliefs.

For a brief history lesson on the subject of GAY, reference the King James version of the Bible. Paraphrasing here just a bit, gay people offend God and He considers it an abomination. You can also reference Soddom and Gomarrah for an even more interesting approach.

Personally, I'd rather offend everyone else rather than offend God.

Now back on the topic of 10 round magazines, I recently bought a Masen mag that holds 9+1 for varmint hunting. It isn't as large as a 20 or 30 round magazine, but for hunting is pretty nice. I've also seen some flush mount magazines for hunting and competition use, though I don't think I'd like to use them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John the 10 rounder that came with my Stag is a flush mag. It serves its purpose but its hard to load it fast because of the size. You have to be careful not to pinch yourself. It also isn't pleasing aesthetically either but if the zombies is coming who cares right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bree, I do believe that Jmanwit had no intention of putting down any group of people by his label on a picture. I saw this earlier and thought nothing of it. I saw no problem at all with it. I understand that you do not like the way it was used. My only question is, does this violate any COC? If not how about you ignore it rather than going on a rant?
Kent
It violates the Forum Rules.

Respect Others

The Administrator and Moderators encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use any communication or collaboration services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in these services.

HS2000/XD Talk Forum reserves the right to remove posts that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, or expletive profanity.

So don't dump on me. The guy comes in and starts a fundamentally disrespectful thread based on bigotry.

I don't like it. It serves no valid purpose. I think it is disrespectful. I am letting him know that it is against the rules.

I have no interest in arguing the merits or demerits of the gay lifestyle or listening to a sermon or lecture on the Bible from JohnA. I came to this forum to read messages about AR-15 guns not hidden gay-bashing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bree maybe you're seeing something the rest of us aren't . Instead of thread-crapping which is also against the rules, pm a mod and let them deal with it. I for one am trying to talk about 10 round mags.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Believe it or not Bree, I'm not bashing you, and I'm certainly not hiding anything (my views). You stated your viewpoint and I stated mine. You brought it up first. I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

From my perspective, this topic is about 10 round magazines, not bashing you or any other gay person. For that matter, I've not said a single derogatory word to you or anyone else.

Quoting you, you said you "came here to discuss AR15's", but haven't made a meaningful post in this whole topic concerning anything except a "lifestyle" your'e trying to defend. You're the one making this subject into something it isn't.

I believe the COC also states to not crap on anyone elses thread, and you've not contributed anything in a positive manner in this subject. You've yet to even type the words 10, round, or magazine anywhere in the whole topic.

For the record, I have stated what I wanted to about 10 round magazines and am unsubscribing to the topic in an attempt to remain in compliance with the code of conduct and to try to not further hijack the topic. I can't really see the topic lasting much longer anyway.

Have a good day gentleman.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't run to the mods. I said what I have to say.

You want a contribution on 10 round mags? I don't care at all what they look like. I care how they work. They are gun components not a fashion show.

I am forced to have 10 round mags for my AR and there are three things wrong with them. I wish they were longer so they are easier to grab onto during a mag change. I wish that more people made them for wider availability and better prices. I also wish that mag pouch makers produced some pouches specifically for 10 round mags instead of forcing me to fish down in a 30 round mag pouch to retrieve my 10 rounders.

Done

1 - 20 of 55 Posts