11.5 barrel question | AR15 Forums

11.5 barrel question

Discussion in 'Custom Builds' started by Botye14, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Botye14

Botye14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm building a new pistol/sbr in 5.56. I decided on an 11.5" barrel. I am trying to decide which one to buy. I was leaning towards rosco or ballistic advantage barrels until I saw an offering from faxon. The difference with the faxon barrel is that it has a mid length gas system instead of the standard carbine length that comes with most other 11.5 barrels. I know the mid length system is supposed to reduce felt recoil blah blah blah. I also know that the only advantage to a 11.5 over a 10.5 is dwell time. Would the mid length system on the 11.5 cancel out the benefit of dwell time over the 10.5?

2. Dirtygary

Dirtygary Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I cannot tell a real difference between a carbine length and a mid length gas systems. Now my 11.5 inch is on a carbine but it has permanent 5.5 flash hider on it. The 10 inch is on carbine (RR 16) and both run fine. The mid length looks better (to me) and makes longer barrels appear shorter.

You'd have better responses if you go to AR15.com. This site is DEAD.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  3. Botye14

Botye14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lol I tried to sign up for ar15.com and they will not accept my email addresses. They want a company email and I am not allowed to give that out. Maybe I will try another sight as well. Thanks for the info. God bless!

4. Dirtygary

Dirtygary Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just create a bogus email on yahoo or gmail or a dozen other sites. My [email protected] (g underscore k) is not my main email? I would never put a company email in for any forum, except a company one.

I believe only you and I have read any of these threads. The "guests" I believe are entering from internet searches on a subject (like Google). Besides they can't reply.