AR15 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.

Given my love of firearms and exposure to the M-16 during my 8 years of military service, I've always wanted to own an AR-15. Well, today, the day of my 1st wedding anniversary, the wife "deceives" me into going to our local Academy to look at patio furniture. (I had, in fact, been mentioning to her that Academy has some decent outdoor stuff there). Once inside the store we're headed towards their "garden" center, which is just past the firearms section in our store. In passing the gun counter my wife says, oh yeah, we need to stop here to pick up your "anniversary present", my first AR-15. I was stunned. :shock:

Rather than stall any further, here is my new toy:

Any comments on positive or negative experiences with this weapon would be greatly appreciated. I am one lucky man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow +1 on married the right one. Congrats and welcome to the disease. Happy anniversary too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. Anyone with experience with the specific Bushmaster XM15-E2S model? For $899 plus tax did the wife do okay?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are a very lucky man, my wife will not even go to a gun store with me:mad:. BTW that is a very nice rifle, hope you take care of that baby well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price is in the right ballpark. She did good.

PS. Get her a helmet right away. She might bump her head and turn into what the rest of the women are like. Hehehehe.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is very nice of your wife to get you that! :p

I just shared this thread with the MRS! ;)

Nice rifle by the way also.

Enjoy them both,

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does sha have single sisters?

Ohh man, enjoy it, is a beauty, God bless your relationship!. i just can't wait to see your second aniversary gift. LOL :D:D:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, guys.

Anyone know if my Bushmaster M4 (XM15-E2S) is suited for 5.56, .223 , or both ammo types? Here is what's marked on the side of the lower receiver:

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, guys.

Anyone know if my Bushmaster M4 (XM15-E2S) is suited for 5.56, .223 , or both ammo types? Here is what's marked on the side of the lower receiver:
Thanks!
What does it say on the end of the barrel?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it doesn't matter much what is on the lower, you want to know what is stamped on the barrel. A 5.56 barrel can shoot .223, but a .223 barrel will not safely shoot 5.56

You married the right girl! Congrats on your present and wedding anniversary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, guys! The barrel is marked 5.56 NATO. Does that mean it will chamber & fire both 5.56 and .223 ammo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great way to start (on rifles AND females!). Bravo, bravo! You may want to go to church for at least a few months, after THAT present, and count your blessings, brother! Now that the BAR HAS BEEN RAISED, better plan early for her birthday, Mother's Day (when it comes), etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts