AR15 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep both guns came home this week and both are pretty much useless... For now :D

Don't have any rounds for the Bushmaster .450, and waiting on the scope for the AR-10 Super SASS. The scope is backordered a month, an IOR 3-18x42 MP8 reticle, illuminated, 35mm high rings that comes with the scope.

Armalite AR-10 SuperSASS. Basically a AR-10T with SS match grade barrel and many upgrades such as
- Adjustable gas system (to run suppressors),
- PRI-gas buster charging handle
- 2-stage Match Trigger
- Magpul PRS buttstock
- Sling mount
Extra's I added:
- ARMs 40L rear BUIS
- PRI front BUIS
- Harris Bipod adapter
- Harris Swivel Bipod
- IOR 3-18x42 scope (not pictured, back ordered)

Bushmaster .450 BM
- 16" 450 upper with Izzy FH, flatop and FF barrel.
- Bushaster lower
- Magpul CTR milspec buttstock kit
- King Arms scope mount
- Millet DMS-1 scope
- Promag front and rear BUIS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geez Cartmann did you steal Stan's piggy bank or did Kenny's Mom fianlly sell him and give you the money? :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since the SASS does have irons, its not really useless. But you can shoot and aim the thing. Nice collection man, I am looking at a 458 but do not really know. I do know the last 5.56 I hope to build, but we all know how that goes...... yeah right. Let us know how you like them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the props all. I actually had to sell some stuff to get these guns.

I can't really shoot them yet as I have no ammo for one and no scope for the other. Will be over a month for both.

I am going to take the AR-10 to the range tomorrow to break her in. Armalite states for their SS barrels you should follow their break in procedure. It is intense!

- For the first 10 rounds one wet and one dry patch after each round
- For the next 20 rounds, one wet and one dry patch after every 2 rounds
- For the next 30 rounds, one wet and one dry patch after every 3 rounds
- For the next 50 rounds, one wet and one dry patch after every 5 rounds

Then they recommend you clean your barrel after every 20 rounds from then on! I never really believe in break in, but since I have no scope, I have nothing better to do, and 110 rounds will last all day instead 5 minutes :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn now I see why you got rid of the stuff I bought, kinda makes it seem less worthwhile now :) looks nice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn now I see why you got rid of the stuff I bought, kinda makes it seem less worthwhile now :) looks nice
actually getting rid of that upper was very hard to do, and I actually kinda regret doing it. in the end it was the only gun stuff I sold as I took my M1A, XCR, ammo and my ACOG listing off the market.

To get these guns most of my money came from selling motorcycle parts and accessories. I always regret selling guns and ammo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually getting rid of that upper was very hard to do, and I actually kinda regret doing it. in the end it was the only gun stuff I sold as I took my M1A, XCR, ammo and my ACOG listing off the market.

To get these guns most of my money came from selling motorcycle parts and accessories. I always regret selling guns and ammo.
I've yet to(and don't plan to) sell a firearm, but I definately regret selling my last motorcycle. On the plus side I do plan to put the upper to good use(a few hundred rounds at least tomorrow).

But I love the new guns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:?: How much does the AR10 Super SASS weigh compared to my AR10a4?

I really wish that the Bushy 450 upper would fit on my AR10 lower:sad: After spending all that money last Dec. on a 338 federal upper the wife would kill me if i bought another. Oh well next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:?: How much does the AR10 Super SASS weigh compared to my AR10a4?

I really wish that the Bushy 450 upper would fit on my AR10 lower:sad: After spending all that money last Dec. on a 338 federal upper the wife would kill me if i bought another. Oh well next year.
It is not going to weigh that much more. When it is all said and done it will be 16.1 lbs. Basically all EBR .308 weapons fully loaded with high magnification scopes, and bipod will weigh close to this much.

AR-10 rifle as pictured (minus the 10 round mag) - 12 lb 13oz
M14 mag, fully loaded with 20 rounds of 168gr cartridges - 1lb 8oz
High Milspec Steel scoperings (pair) - 8oz
IOR 3-18x42 illuminated Scope - 21 oz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AR-10 = Joygasm

Excellent choice on the $A$$.

What ammo have you chosen?

For .308 precision shooting there is only one ammo, and that is Federal-Gold-Medal-Match-168gr-Hollow-Point-Boat-Tail. I have never seen one ammo that is good for all rifles regardless of barrel length and action type.

I actually think I found the recipe to the 168gr FGMM, just have not tested it yet.
- 168 grain Sierra Matchking bullet
- 43.6 gr of IMR 4895
- LC brass (Federal Brass is ok but it seems to wear faster than any other brass)
Link here: http://home.earthlink.net/~dannewberry/dannewberrysoptimalchargeweightloaddevelopment/index.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts