AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm looking for good source to purchase a .22 conversion kit for my AR...any suggestions?? thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sent you a link - not sure what the forum rules on posting internet sites. I've been mostly happy with mine. After a few hundred rounds, I've started to see FTE issues. Way cheaper to shoot too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Cenier kit was the greatest accessory I got for my AR until I got a 9mm AR.

I guess .22LR is still cheaper than home-cast lead 9mm reloads, but 9mm is so much more fun! :twisted:

Still, it's a great thing to get if you aren't ready to spend $ on a pistol caliber AR or upper. If you live in the snow-belt, it allows you to shoot indoors during the winter, too. No having to find a range with a backstop rated for rifle rounds. Haven't tested the .22's out past 50m so cant comment on accuracy but it's great on an indoor/outdoor 25 & 50m range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone sell complete .22lr uppers or complete rifles??

Is the ciener or the army conversion better?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gatta ask............ is wear, other than normal operating wear, a problem when shooting .22 out of a .223. I realize its probably a moot point since the difference is so insignificant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took my Ciener out the other day for the first time. Ran great and was a hoot. Not only fun, but a lot cheaper to shoot. I would recommend anyone thinking of one get one.

As to complete 22 uppers Bushmaster has one and I think CZ. I'm sure there are others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone sell complete .22lr uppers or complete rifles??

Is the ciener or the army conversion better?
Check out Spike's Tactical for complete .22 uppers based on the Ciener setup. They are reputed to be the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DPMS had a complete .22 rifle. It had some problems so they pulled it. This was a while ago and I don't know if they fixed it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bushmaster did make a dedicated upper for 22 but I dont know if it is still available. I tried to price one once but the distributor won't order any due to lack of demand.

I guess for the price of the kits, it's easier and cheaper to blow any powder and lead residue out of the gas system occasionally with a .223 round than to order a dedicated upper.

Either way, it doesn't have the kick factor of the .223 rounds but it's still tons of fun to shoot them cheap little .22LR's out of an AR! :-D

I remember way back when, one of the members of my old club brought in an auto (when they were legal) and let some of us throw a couple boxes of 50 .22's through it. :twisted: That was FUN because it was soooo cheap to fire the thing. 100 .22's was still less than 1/4 the price a box of 20 .223 at that time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.