AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm looking for good source to purchase a .22 conversion kit for my AR...any suggestions?? thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sent you a link - not sure what the forum rules on posting internet sites. I've been mostly happy with mine. After a few hundred rounds, I've started to see FTE issues. Way cheaper to shoot too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Cenier kit was the greatest accessory I got for my AR until I got a 9mm AR.

I guess .22LR is still cheaper than home-cast lead 9mm reloads, but 9mm is so much more fun! :twisted:

Still, it's a great thing to get if you aren't ready to spend $ on a pistol caliber AR or upper. If you live in the snow-belt, it allows you to shoot indoors during the winter, too. No having to find a range with a backstop rated for rifle rounds. Haven't tested the .22's out past 50m so cant comment on accuracy but it's great on an indoor/outdoor 25 & 50m range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone sell complete .22lr uppers or complete rifles??

Is the ciener or the army conversion better?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gatta ask............ is wear, other than normal operating wear, a problem when shooting .22 out of a .223. I realize its probably a moot point since the difference is so insignificant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took my Ciener out the other day for the first time. Ran great and was a hoot. Not only fun, but a lot cheaper to shoot. I would recommend anyone thinking of one get one.

As to complete 22 uppers Bushmaster has one and I think CZ. I'm sure there are others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DPMS had a complete .22 rifle. It had some problems so they pulled it. This was a while ago and I don't know if they fixed it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bushmaster did make a dedicated upper for 22 but I dont know if it is still available. I tried to price one once but the distributor won't order any due to lack of demand.

I guess for the price of the kits, it's easier and cheaper to blow any powder and lead residue out of the gas system occasionally with a .223 round than to order a dedicated upper.

Either way, it doesn't have the kick factor of the .223 rounds but it's still tons of fun to shoot them cheap little .22LR's out of an AR! :-D

I remember way back when, one of the members of my old club brought in an auto (when they were legal) and let some of us throw a couple boxes of 50 .22's through it. :twisted: That was FUN because it was soooo cheap to fire the thing. 100 .22's was still less than 1/4 the price a box of 20 .223 at that time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts