AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you getting .223 if you're not reloading it? These things burn up the ammo pretty quick. Reloading that many rifle rounds is a chore and buying that much requires financing.

I'm looking for somewhere to get cheap rounds, even if they are less than the best quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your best bet is to get it on the internet and in bulk. If you can save up for it you might want to try to get 2K-3K at a time to save the most money in the long run. This really saves you big time if you don't shoot very much. You will have more ammo than you will ever shoot in one year. I have done it several times and I have always been able to find a good deal.

Just an example.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&parentId=cat20839&id=0022901

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JUST GO WITH WOLF AMMO THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST AND COME IN 55GR. OR 62GR., HOLLOW POINT OR FULL METAL JACKET. I BUY THEM CAUSE I'M LOW ON MY SS109'S AND IT LET'S ME KNOW THAT MY M4 CAN TAKE THE ABUSE AND THEY ARE DECENT OUT TO 400 YARDS.

TRY LOOKING INTO http://WWW.MIWALLCORP.COM
THEY HAVE THE BEST DEALS AND ARE AT EVERY GUN SHOW IN THE WEST COAST.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JUST GO WITH WOLF AMMO THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST AND COME IN 55GR. OR 62GR., HOLLOW POINT OR FULL METAL JACKET. I BUY THEM CAUSE I'M LOW ON MY SS109'S AND IT LET'S ME KNOW THAT MY M4 CAN TAKE THE ABUSE AND THEY ARE DECENT OUT TO 400 YARDS.

GOOD GOD!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO LOUD!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
easy with the caps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try Sportsmansguide.com I got some Brown Bear from them. Try Academy Sports if there is one around you. They have the Monarch 223 pretty cheap. I think $6 a 20rnd box. Basically all i can afford to shoot is the stuff like that. All the ammo comparable to Wolf. It all runs fine through my rifle for range shooting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try ammoman.com. Free shipping from them.
Ammunitiontogo.com has decent prices on Wolf and Barnaul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took my Plain Jane out after I built it. Wolf black box 55 grain jammed, slide would not stay back, and did not FTF.

I started shooting Winchester WB 5.56 Super X, and did not have one failure with the rifle. I like the extra pop from a 5.56 as well. I am going to try to not shoot anything but 5.56 from my gun.

I would go with 5.56 unless you are going to have a match rifle. I am new to this caliber so take what i say with a grain of salt.

thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i reload now so i dont shoot wolf anymore but i really liked wolf its cheap and it has a bigger muzzle flash out of my gun (which for match or self defence isnt good but at the indoor range its really cool.)
if you shoot wolf make sure you have a chamber brush!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use wolf, but to inform you it has a bigger flash due to one of two things, 1 slower powder burn, your not getting full power, or 2 its little bits of your barrel flying out due to the metal casing. either way its bad, for a $200 ak47 who cares but for a nice ar I wouldn't use it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some weapons won't shoot Wolf. I had a SS Bull barrel target AR that wouldn't feed Wolf. It wouldn't even go into battery. My Armalite with a 16" HBAR eats it up fine. It's best to buy one 20 round box and test it before buying it in bulk and ending up with ammo you can't use.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah yes, I can see this thread quickly decending into a Wolf argument. If your gun shoots it, then buy the hell out of it. It's not going to hurt anything.

I use wolf, but to inform you it has a bigger flash due to one of two things, 1 slower powder burn, your not getting full power, or 2 its little bits of your barrel flying out due to the metal casing. either way its bad, for a $200 ak47 who cares but for a nice ar I wouldn't use it
So you're saying a copper jacketed bullet is eating away your barrel? I'd say you have other issues than the ammo. Unless you are referring to the steel case that Wolf uses, which doesn't go through the barrel at all...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wolf sucks

Send me all of your remaining rounds for disposal

Maybe I will share some with Nikon and EricCartmann.

Maybe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wolf sucks

Send me all of your remaining rounds for disposal

Maybe I will share some with Nikon and EricCartmann.

Maybe

ahhaa thanks. and back atcha! If I get some Wolf donations I'll make sure to share with you. :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From what I get from reading the intarweb ... wolf works fine AFTER your rifle is broken in ... I would not shoot it for at least 500 rounds in a new rifle :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From what I get from reading the intarweb ... wolf works fine AFTER your rifle is broken in ... I would not shoot it for at least 500 rounds in a new rifle :)
I would not shoot wolf at all. Its hard on the guns. The old lacquor coated stuff was really bad. The new stuff is better but its still hard on extractors.
pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would not shoot wolf at all. Its hard on the guns. The old lacquor coated stuff was really bad. The new stuff is better but its still hard on extractors.
pat
one case of brass ammo cost $400

one case of wolf + one extractor will run you about $250 (that's provided you need the extractor).

Shoot 3 cases of Wolf and you saved enough to buy: a new upper complete with BCG and all, and 3 spare extractors.

It is up to you, shoot what you want. But I will contiue to shoot Wolf and with the money I saved I will buy more uppers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
one case of brass ammo cost $400

one case of wolf + one extractor will run you about $250 (that's provided you need the extractor).

Shoot 3 cases of Wolf and you saved enough to buy: a new upper complete with BCG and all, and 3 spare extractors.

It is up to you, shoot what you want. But I will contiue to shoot Wolf and with the money I saved I will buy more uppers.
I reload and spend less than you do on Wolf and I don't have to worry about needless wear and tear on my rifles. If your rifle is a toy then have at it. But if you don't want it to fail when you need it shoot quality ammunition. Enough said.
Pat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts