AR15 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a kit for $125, and think it would be fun for plinking. any thoughts on this? any reason to stay away from it? personal experiences? appreciate everything, thanks all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just saw one tonight. It was pretty nice. One of my friends over at the indoor range had one he just bought a few weeks ago. If I wasn't in the market for an AK I might get one. I was impressed with it but I didn't get the make.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the ADCO .22LR conversion for my AR and was quite happy with it. It is the same one that Dillon now offers.

OS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found 2cz dedicated uppers had to tweak them so they would feed properly but they are nice. Oh and cheap to shoot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$125 for a Kit? Which one?

I have the Cenier kit and think it's great. $12 a brick compared to $9/box of 20. Go figure... :p

The only thing is the annoying bolt hold open doesn't exist with the kit, so it's a pain if someone calls a ceasefire having to hold the thing open for the RO but that don't happen too often.

I haven't tried the kit out past 50m so can't comment on the long-range accuracy but the thing is accurate at 25 & 50m on the indoor range.:twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The performance is what you expect from 22LR, occasionally you'll have shells that failure to clear the receiver and get caught within the conversion.

You'll definitely have to clean the upper better as there is plenty of unburned powder, depending on the quality of the 22 your running through the AR. Other than that it makes for some great plinking!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one and like it, but it seems to be finicky with different types of ammo and I haven't been able to get anything other than the factory mag to work 100%.

I have some black dog magazines that are iffy at best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to get one as well. I can get a ciener or oly conversion for the same $$ - any opinions betwixt the two? I hear the Aguila SSS .22 LR ammo works really well in them because the super-long 60 gr is basically made for a 1 in 9" twist. I think it would be a pretty sweet accessory for my NFA 7.5" AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ciener Kit, Lakeside Spring, and BDM full size mags....BDM needs to come out with a loader soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts