AR15 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys since there is no sight of the prices of ammo going down anytime soon, i have to ask whats a good convertion kit for my AR?? I know about the ceiner kit, is there a complete upper available for 22lr??the ceiner works fine for what i've been reading..I just wish i can afford the GSG5 but thats another thread discussion:D..

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I've seen 22LR uppers that go for around $550 - makes the ciener kit look even better eh ? I just bought a 10/22 and called it good.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I always see people running the ceiner kit. DPMS had a complete 22 AR out but only for a little bit before they pulled it due to reliability issues. I don't remember if they make/made a kit. That GSG is nice but I'll wait a little but before I buy one. I'm always leary of 22 guns because of the reliability problems some have.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Just get the Ceiner kit I think it's like 200 bucks and the .223 barrel will be accurate with .22lr.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Go with a 9mm kit. cost about $300-400. I have one.... great for home defense also. My magz holds 30 rds. If I can't stop the threat with that many rounds... i"d give them the weapon.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Tactical Solutions is making some. And they look great. They were big hits at the SHOT show.

Really, in order to be accurate you need a slower twist barrel. You can get by with 1:12 but not many of us have those. I doubt that my 1:7 twist barrel would do well with 22lr. BTW, the Tactical Solutions barrel is 1:16 I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I'm using a ceiner/atchisson in one of my shorty uppers that I've dedicated to only 22LR (The upper is still a .223 upper, but I wanted one I could just use with the conversion).

It's not a tackdriver by any stretch of the imagination, but I never expected it to be. It will hit plates consistently at 50 yards with open irons. Probably more than that, but I usually just practice with it and just enjoy the time behind the trigger.

I've heard many say the ceiner doesn't function well with subsonics, but this one eats the 60 grain aguila SSS like candy.

Here's a shameless plug for the full size 27 round black dog magazines too. They're built like a tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
i bought a ciener kit about 2 years ago for 170$ from ciener himself "@$$ hole" but it was pretty fun. i just sold it for 225$ i think ciener is a few months behind and lots of people have them on B.O.

I sold it because someone told me it could do some premature ware on my barrel :confused:

i decided i wanted my own dedicated .22lr. you get another gun for almost the same price.:wink: i'm looking into a ruger 10/22 or a AK .22lr they look cool:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
ciener kit, is the way to go. Not sure if anyone else has had any problems with the 30 round magazines, mine seems to kick the spent shell into the bolt. the stock 10 round works GREAT.
Love this kit!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Pick up BDM mags, I know where to get them cheap.
Ciener kit is good, or go with the 10/22 and get the new stock from Nordic components.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
CZ made some dedicated uppers if you look around they can be had.I bought 2 of them for $500.00.Sold 1 and hung on to the other,they work very well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts