AR15 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when using iron sights.. do you have a problem with the black sights on a black target.. have you tried to put white out on the post so you can tell where the end of the post is?
i dont want to do it on a range ... ( they are all going to laugh at me )
that and if i bo-low cause of the "new" site.. ( once again more laughing )
would it help? has anyone tried this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought some day-glo orange testors model paint and painted the tip on my front sight. It works great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would with an brighter color like orange/yelow so dont have that problem while shooting at white targets

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
who cares if they laugh whatever makes you a better shooter, it will probably catch on and everyone will do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to use the orange day glo stuff also on all of my handguns. I replaced my Heinie Pro Slant Straight 8 (or whatever order that is supposed to be in:confused:) with Tru Glo TFOs on my SC9 and now have the best of all worlds.

I bought the Ruger MK III Hunter with the FO sights for the same reason, but they don't light up as much as the TFOs. I didn't have any problem when shooting it at the gun fair prior to buying it, but I do now.:( I now wish I had bought one of their shorter barrel blued models and just put on a red dot like Rudy did on his Buckmark. Expensive lesson learned.

I can't afford the TFOs on all of my other handguns or I'd buy them. Sucks getting older.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last time on the range me and another guy from my shop had a hot pink paint pen. We painted our front sight posts with that and shot great even at 500 yards where the front sight post is as wide as the target.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smoke your sights with a match and it will lighten them up enough for contrast on darker targets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If this is for rifle qualifications he may not be able to use those. I have thought about running a thinner/fiber optic after market front sight post on my issue rifle at the range but they don't allow this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If this is for rifle qualifications he may not be able to use those. I have thought about running a thinner/fiber optic after market front sight post on my issue rifle at the range but they don't allow this.
I used clear glossy fingernail polish, I've used white out, and have 'shined' the post to almost 'in the white' with caracass cloth, I've burned them, and I have also 'filed' down the the edge in my sight line to reflect more light...kinda makes a dot on its own....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts