AR15 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a RF Barrel and BCG on Black Friday cause it was $175. Got the rifle finished and took it down to my range and tried some xcaliber 300g jhp.
Pull the charging handle back and first round chambers perfect. Check the ejection port and sure enough there’s a round stuck on the feed ramps leaving three indentations on the bottom of the round at the bottom of the neck.
I tore the rifle down and make sure the feed ramps and mated nicely to the receiver, polished up those three lips and put everything back together. Now it’s cathing 5 marks on the top of the casing, bottom of the neck
I’m using GI mags with half moon cuts
I’m not sure what the next step is from here

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have both a 16.5" and SBR versions of the 458 upper on my plain jane 5.56 lower. I haven't had any feed issues, but yours really sounds like a magazine or extraction issue. I only ordered one .458 "Specific mag", so I would have a hands on template to modify the numerous 5.56 mags I have. So whats going on in your case....

Maybe extraction? I use (on my stock 5.56 bolt, carrier and bone stock extractor and spring), but I also use one of those tiny rubber thingies that goes right under the extractor (sorry, cant remember the right name for it) I haven't had your issues, but its worth a try, cheap, and takes about 2 minutes to install.

Magazine. Maybe its a feed issue. These mags get really tight with the 10 rd capacity. Try just 8 rounds or so and see if it improves.

You want a crazy muzzle blast? Try one of these 458s with a short barrel..... That aside. it is a VERY devasting round

·
Registered
AR15, AR10(DPMS),
12 Posts
Hi GunnersmateUSN,

I thought you needed at least a follower change in the standard mag to feed the rounds correctly.

I did about the same thing, bought a 16.5” Barrel, a BCG, and a couple modified mags.

However that was as far as I got. Barn needed repairs and shop got upside down

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi GunnersmateUSN,

I thought you needed at least a follower change in the standard mag to feed the rounds correctly.

I did about the same thing, bought a 16.5” Barrel, a BCG, and a couple modified mags.

However that was as far as I got. Barn needed repairs and shop got upside down
I orderd the "proper mag" a few years back so I would have a template to mod my 5.56 mags Ill take look today at the follower in the mag I ordered, Ill post pics as well later today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts