AR15 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a ar15 it was in his patroll car and now he moved to narc so they gave him a machine gun he is selling his ar15 for 500 i dont know what kind it is or anything it is in good shape due to being in a patrol car and he takes care of his guns. should i buy it or my 1911. and wait till christmas t get a new one and nicer

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
No, that is an awful deal...send me the guys name and I'll take it off his hands just cause I'd be helping a brother out! :p

Heck yeah, 500 clams for a patrol riding AR...jump on it and mod it out if you like!

That is the beauty of the AR, you can start with a base and build it up any way you like.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
BUY IT NOW!!!!
You will probably never find a deal like that again even on a "low end" AR. If it's an AR that he had for a patrol rifle I've got to assume that it's got to be a DPMS or a STAG or an RRA or something along those lines.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i am new the the WHOLE gun thing i have been reading for days since i bought my XD40 and i love the look of the ars and what not. but i know this gun is basic he has. but what kinda mods are there i know alot but all i will be doing with this one is to say i have it and to take it to the range. when i become a LE i would carry it if i am allowed to .so what kinda things to make it better and how are they to clean and work on TEACH ME WISE ONES haha

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
but i know this gun is basic he has. but what kinda mods are there
If you can dream it up, someone either already makes it, or could.

Basic mods

buttstocks, grips, triggers, railed forends, upper recievers, different barrels.

You name it, you can change it.

Do you know the brand of it? Still it's a good buy at $500, but it may even be an unbelievable buy if we only knew more about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
What John said on this subject. If you can dream it up you can find it. I think that folks have made a bottle opener that attaches to rails.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
i should of bought it yesterday when he asked me if i wanted it. me not knowing anything said i really dont know i will see. so after looking on here and other sites i started getting happy and could not make up my mind over this or a 1911. well i made it up after talking to you guys and he sold it this morning to another friend of ours. i should of just bought it right then and there cause if i did not like it. i could of sold it and got my money back plus some... oh well

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I got my AR for $200 from my brother. I guess it was a major family discount. Its an Olympic Arms AR-15. Fun target gun for sure, not the most accurate, but its a cornerstone for better things to come.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
the wife allready knows that one is on the list for christmas. and i get what i want. so i will get one then. gives me time to read up. i like to know everything about what i have or will have

1 - 15 of 15 Posts