AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What is that last scope? I am looking for one like that but there is no way in hell in am spending as much as the rifle cost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a Millet DMS-1 which you can get for around $200 brand new.

A bunch of guys here use it.

Check out ar15.com for a longass thread on them.

It is a 1-4 time scope that has a 1 MOA dot with a larger circle around it.

The reticle can be illuminated but it isn't on it show up as black.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it was a Millett, but I wasn't going to just assume it was. Where did you get it? I am wanting one and they are hard to find.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work! So on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was it to take off the stock barrel nut on your Bushmaster? I think Lou Ferrigno installed mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work! So on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was it to take off the stock barrel nut on your Bushmaster? I think Lou Ferrigno installed mine.
Those look like MI rails, and if so, you don't have to take off the barrel nut. You only have to cut off the delta ring and the spring and then wala, you are pretty much done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those look like MI rails, and if so, you don't have to take off the barrel nut. You only have to cut off the delta ring and the spring and then wala, you are pretty much done.
I'd never seen the Midwest rails until you pointed it out I just saw the delta ring was gone, I wish I had known about those before I bought my YHM quad rail! :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is actually a Troy FF rail which is very similar to the MI ones.

Like mentioned I just had to dremel off the delta ring and spring to get it on.

I did have to cut off my FSB which did not want to cooperate.

I put a few nics in the barrel but who cares since you can't see them and it doesn't harm anything.

That was almost as frustrating as installing an ambi mag release on an XD after I stupidly tapped the original one all the way out of the frame.

I got the Millet from a guy in CO who Badshot pointed me to.

He got a shipment in last month.

I'll PM you his info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts