G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was wondering if any one has used this
i want one but just want to hear opinions first

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the regular length one on my AR. They also make an "entry" model that is shorter that is designed to be used with body armor or LBVs.

I like mine a lot. Just the feel of it tells me it isn't going to snap if I have to do the ol buttstroke on something. A nice solid feel. It also has screw in points on both sides for use with sling swivels along with one or two more screw holes in the butt for use with "traditional" slings. And IMO it balances the package nicely on the Carbine length models.

I'm not a big fan of the M4 style adjustables either. But like most anything in the world it's all about personal prefrence.

This is an old picture I now have a single point sling mount on it.

Edit-I also don't use the rubber butt pad because the package fits me better without it on there. Not like there is a whole lot of recoil or anything LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like mine but it wasn't fun putting the foam on. I don't think i can get the foam back off in one piece

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I tried to take mine off a while back and it wasn't coming off no matter what I tried. The only way I can see to take it off is to cut it off and then install a new one later. Maybe some baby or talc powder will help with putting it on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need to switch stocks since i have a m4 T6 on mine and i have a 18" with a round houge free float tube with a 3x9-40 nikon on top and i think a full length fixed stock will look good. especially the ACE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just put one on my AR last week.

Feels comfortable, easy to manipulate the rifle with it.

Haven't shot with it yet, will pass along a review once I do.

- Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I tried to take mine off a while back and it wasn't coming off no matter what I tried. The only way I can see to take it off is to cut it off and then install a new one later. Maybe some baby or talc powder will help with putting it on.
a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent lathered on the tube goes a long way

And paracord works instead of the foam if you have to cut it off ;)

The rifle length buffer will also do wonders for the reliability of a carbine.

Buy it, you won't be dissappointed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm building my first AR and this just came in the mail:

It's an ACE M4 Socom. It's heavier than a normal plastic collapseable stock, but it's also much stronger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read mixed reviews on the M4 Socom stock.

I have the full length Ace stock on my long range AR and so far I like it alot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have one on my carbine and it feels real solid. i will not give it up. i have several others and it's my favorite.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see this is what it looks like right now. that stock just doesnt fit it. i was going to build a carbine but the 18" barrel was just perfect so i went with that. i didnt even know they made 18" ones tell i saw this one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent lathered on the tube goes a long way

And paracord works instead of the foam if you have to cut it off

The rifle length buffer will also do wonders for the reliability of a carbine.

Buy it, you won't be dissappointed.
Paracord is an awesome idea.

The CAR buffer is still in my ACE stock though the website says you should use the normal length buffer with the normal length ACE stock. I need to pick up the longer buffer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paracord is an awesome idea.

The CAR buffer is still in my ACE stock though the website says you should use the normal length buffer with the normal length ACE stock. I need to pick up the longer buffer.
All the FX stocks use the rifle length buffers (and springs). Using carbine length buffers in them run a higher risk of not cycling properly (short strokes) because of the higher spring tension with the rifle length spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I absolutely enjoy my ACE FX stock on my 24" bushmaster varminter. Rock solid and easy to swing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well now i REALLY want one after seeing your guys guns. i should try and photoshoping one on mine so i could see what it looks like on my gun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't decide between the ACE for my build or the CTR. I went to the ace website the other day and came across this:

Anyone ever use one or heard if it's any good?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I forgot to mention that the ACE stock that I have is lighter than the A2 it came with. If you are concerned about the "balance" of the rifle then it may not be for you. If you are trying to trim the weight then it would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts