AR15 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to research optics and i've found pics of acog reticles online. In the pics the reticles look super tiny... they look like they'd be hard to aquire.

Is this an issue with Acogs? Or is what i saw just an effect from the way the photos where taken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks small because the Field of View is so big :)

But it is something you just get use to. When I use the reticle of TA01NSN I get use to it so much that the chevron of the TA11F seems really huge!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks small because the Field of View is so big :)

But it is something you just get use to. When I use the reticle of TA01NSN I get use to it so much that the chevron of the TA11F seems really huge!
Cartman,

Do you like the reticle on the TA01NSN over the TA11F's chevron?

I know you love your ACOGs, so what would you define as "precision" with a 4x model? Could you accurately see/hit something like a soda can at 400+ yards, or more like a watermelon?

I'm on the same page as the OP in that the sights are really small, but i wonder how accurate they are as well (guessing that's why they are small!)

That may answer if "small" is a good thing...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I like both, the reticle of the NSN reticle, and the BAC reticle of the TA11F. Took me awhile to warm up to the BAC but now I am use to it. Both reticles are different and if you are use to one, you most likely would hate the other. But both have that excellent and addicting ACOG glass.

I find the NSN reticle more precise but the 11F is probably a better combat optic as the BAC just stands out it is naturally faster.

ACOG's are not really precise ranging high mag optics, but you should be able to see and hit a watermelon at 400 yards with a 4x ACOG. ACOGs were not meant to range watermelon, but people. All the lines and the spacing on an ACOG actually means something. This guy explained it best:

The Optics Talk Forums: Low Down on ACOG’s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts