AR15 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a brand spanking new Aimpoint ML2 a couple of months back have only fired it one time to zero it in, so i went the range today get ready to fire and give the little knob a turn and no Dot, so i turn it a little more still no dot, even though I doubted it was the batteries since this things is suppose to have like a 50k hour battery life i went a picked a new set of batteries from the armors counter (FYI not a good idea unless you don't mind getting raked over the coals almost $20) and still no Dot, after like 45 minutes of jacking with it i slapped my old Tac-Point fired it up and started slinging lead down range. This thing hasn't been on my rifle since i picked up my AP but the thing was still zeroed and hitting right on target at 30 yards

guess my AP is going back for warranty work, this is yet another reason to keep a cheap optic around.

anyone here have any experience with the AP warranty departments good bad either way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No experience with them for warranty work but I'm sure they'll take care of you. At least you can send the Aimpoint back for warranty work ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That bites; they should be pretty durable the I know a few guys who have them and never had a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to hope that you maxed out the brightness right? just to make sure :) But always take spare batteries.. Murphy's Law applies everywhere :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First make sure it is a actual aimpoint as there are some really convincing airsoft copies floating around. After prooving that it really is a Aimpoint product contact Aimpoints customer service line in the box and see about making a return. They should cover it from there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a legitimate AimPoint that i purchased from a reputable site i changed the batteries and i tried all the different settings i messed with the spring in the battery cap and cleaned the contacts with an eraser, its definitely a defective product. Im not mad about sh1t happens and no matter what the quality control is a defective product is going to get by, i just happened to get a defective one. this does not shake my belief that AP makes a quality product.

I am sure that AP will either fix it or send me a new one back. I just found it funny that i had to reply on my cheap aimpoint knock off. but then again almost everyone has been pretty pleased with the Hakko AP knock offs. I would never trust it to work in a combat situation or even for LEO use, but it sure worked great for punching holes in paper when my other one failed it saved my range day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man that sucks, in general Aimpoints are the most solid products, sorry you got that .01% that was defective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts