AR15 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they were going for $60 at UNcompany.com. There was a big thread on AR15.com about this but I never saw any reviews.

I would get it. Aimpoint and Eotech Magnifiers are a big rip off, nothing really complicated about them. A magnifer is just a magnifier, never really understood why they are so expensive.

I picked up a pretty good hand held 7x monocular that I got from Bass Pro Shop for only $50 and it works pretty good. (I can't mount it on the weapon though).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy it and give us a review.

I am going to buy an Aimpoint and definately want a magnifier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I have a real aimpoint, but wouldn't mind a cloned magnifier. I might have to check that out. good find.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one of the magnifier knock-offs (the $80 all metal one), but I've been looking for an inexpensive mount for it. That might be just the ticket, although I'd rather have a flip mount that didn't actually come off of the gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stupid expensive is right... I got the EO Mag, but it was more than the actual optic! :( Id' say go for it! let us know what you think... I really don't think you could go wrong either way. Hell, I'd like to get another mag for my upcoming m1a & really can't fathom spending on another EO if I can help it.

Hooz, samson flipmounts for AP/EO & clones for roughly $260...now THAT's a ridiculous amount of bread for just a mount!!! :shock: Anyone know of any other mfgr?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah.. LaRue .. $160 and it's worth it, not to mention it's a flip out and not a twist off. Yeah Once I get all the bills paid I may just have to.

THOUGH.. if we can get 5 of us together he'll drop the price to $135 shipped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds like a solid deal, Badshot!

Saw the pics for the AP version w/ notes for a lower EO-style version... looks awesome!
Anyone here know if the LaRue sits lower than the stock EO mount? I'd like to have mine sit a bit lower as it gets a little bit of 'hood shadow' from the 512.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually for the LaRue mount you'd have to put the EOTech on a riser and you'd end up with a lower 3rd co-witness.. I think LaRue has a lower profile one though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you put this together, let me know. I may be able to swing the coin to grab one and have been wanting one for a while

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, I'll talk with Ed about arranging a group buy, if we can come to terms with the Mods and get enough folks we'll see what we can do. If not, I'll let folks know dude's contact information privately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet

It's funny because before you posted about the discount I was gonna ask you if the guy would give us a discount for multiple orders.

Do you think it's worth it to see what the pricing is without the mount?

I know most of us are looking at the Larues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll likely go in for one.

I'll check the gunshow tomorrow, and if I can't get a better price I'll pony up the $$ for one here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Before you guys get to deep into "Group Buy" mode, please review the XDTalk CoC...

Group Buys

1.) All Group Buys must be handled by XDTalk Moderators or XDTalk Sponsors.

2.) To OFFICIALLY post/start a Group Buy you MUST first contact a XDTalk moderator and have it approved before posting anything about the Group Buy.

4.) Group Buys must have dedicated timelines

5.) Only ONE Group Buy is to be conducted at a time per Organizer/Dealer.

6.) Group Buys must be focused on a single product line. NO package deals.

7.) No Group Buys for specialty items, receivers, uppers, barrels, etc…

8.) All Group Buys must be handled by an established Dealer currently doing business or Industry Partner, such as a manufacturer.

9.) No arguing about the proposed group buy.

10.) Do not comment on another's G.B. pricing.

11.) Do not thread-crap on a G.B. thread. There's other places on the forum to give negative reviews on a vendor or product.

12.) Group Buy organizers - DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Make sure you have every detail correct. Make sure your dealer, manufacturer, etc. can provide the goods at the price negotiated and deliver in a reasonable timeline. And most importantly, make sure you can organize the funds appropriately AND keep them separate from all other business.

13.) All Group Buys are between the buyer and seller or Buyers and Orgainzers. At no time will XDTalk or its membership be resposible for the Group Buy, unless stated otherwise by Kermee or the Moderation staff.

14.) Pricing and terms must be fully disclosed, in public, at the time the Group Buy is announced to the membership.

All requests for Group Buys will be taken under advisement and addressed on a case-by-case basis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OS, I've got an IM chain going with Ed on this.. I'm working out the details to see if we should even bother.. I can copy you on those if you'd like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OS, I've got an IM chain going with Ed on this.. I'm working out the details to see if we should even bother.. I can copy you on those if you'd like.
Nope. I am OK with it. I wanted the others to understand as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to propagate this until we have some firm answers from the mods.. but rather than do too much leg work here I'd like to know

Would more folks be interested in a LaRue PoorBoy (http://stores.homestead.com/Larueta...ategory=Optic+and+Mount+Combos:Po+Boy+Special) buy (don't think we'll get too much of a price break) or to drive on with the one we're discussing?

Again, no promises, just want to know if I'm wasting clock cycles on the wrong magnifier

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tagged.

I'm interested pending details. I have both Aimpoint and Eotech optics, so I am interested in either that could be snatched up at discounts but again, pending details.

I agree, spending too much on a simple magnifier is stupid any way I look at it.

Though I like the Eo better, I am more interested in a FLIP mount and magnifier for an AP, but would consider either if the price is right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not to propagate this until we have some firm answers from the mods.. but rather than do too much leg work here I'd like to know

Would more folks be interested in a LaRue PoorBoy (http://stores.homestead.com/Larueta...ategory=Optic+and+Mount+Combos:Po+Boy+Special) buy (don't think we'll get too much of a price break) or to drive on with the one we're discussing?

Again, no promises, just want to know if I'm wasting clock cycles on the wrong magnifier
I could go either way. Of course a $60 savings over the Po Boy Special... well that's about 4 PMAGS. But if the Po Boy Special is of better quality, that would definitely swing me that way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.