AR15 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for the longest time optics such as EOTECH and TRIJICON were beyond my reach since paying extra on my bills is more important than dropping that kind of coin on an optic all at once.

But I never thought to check Sportsman's Guide.com. I've used them before for ammo purchases since you can pay order of 150 dollars or more out over 4 months and I found not on EOTECH but also Trijicon optics.

They only have one model EOTECH avaliable though and that is the 511-65 which runs off of N style batts. Who here runs the N battery EOTECHs and likes them??

I'd probably be picking up an ACOG BUT even on the 4 pay plan it's close to 300 dollars a month:shock:

The EOTECH will allow me to have one of the optics I want and still afford to pay extra towards the car and stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
good for you, but if i were you i would hold out for the 512 A.65. Longer battery life and AA batteries are cheap! Ncells are riduclously expensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Second that... if you have the appropriate space on your rail, you may just want to look into the AA-fed 512.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run the N-type EOTech. The batteries last a decent amount of time and I have a Batteries Plus right down the street (and always have spares in the range bag). There are benefits to the AA versions, but I don't hate mine either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know what kind of shelf life N batts have?? I figure I can just buy a few everytime I think about it and keep a pretty good stock of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know what kind of shelf life N batts have?? I figure I can just buy a few everytime I think about it and keep a pretty good stock of them.
10 yr shelf life if you go for the lithium type batts. but im not SURE that N size are even available in lithium.

i would suggest even if you go for the AA version, buy LITHIUM AA batts, not alkaline.

alkaline shelf life sucks, they leak...they are a liability in a fighting optic. imho

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
10 yr shelf life if you go for the lithium type batts.

i would suggest even if you go for the AA version, buy LITHIUM AA batts, not alkaline.

alkaline shelf life sucks, they leak...they are a liability in a fighting optic. imho
Roger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i JUST edited my originial reply, because it dawned on me that im not even sure that N size batteries are available in lithium:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got the 511-a65.

the N batteries work great and i found a bunch of duracells for $1 a piece and stocked up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts