Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AR build # 2 has begun. :twisted:

Yeah Yeah i'ts a DPMS I know..:rolleyes:
Gotta' good deal at the gun show today.

Next up.....

1. RRA lower parts kit.
  2. Tango down grip.
  3. RRA stock with CAA saddle.
  4. LMT 16" upper with Bravo bolt carrier group.
  5. Eotech or Aimpoint(undecided).
  6. Rail(undecided)
  7. vertical grip(undecided)
  8. BUIS(undecided)
  9. Me liking you(undecided)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds nice! I'm diggin' the look of rails over a low profile gas block, and flip up front and rear BUIS. That's what I'd do right now if I had the money for #2. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good stuff so farm.

Is DPMS that bad Nikkon ?

I thought they were kinda high value but not top of the line, but ya know nothing to be ashamed of.

Wheres the link to your first AR

Lastly i have seen you post on sig 556 a few times did you ever buy one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much did that run you? Buds has a Doublestar stripped lower for $99, shipped too I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To me all lowers are the same. As long as the mag drops freely then that's all that matters.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good stuff so farm.

1. Is DPMS that bad Nikkon ?
I thought they were kinda high value but not top of the line, but ya know nothing to be ashamed of.

2. Wheres the link to your first AR

3. Lastly i have seen you post on sig 556 a few times did you ever buy one?
1. For the most part, lowers are pretty much the same. As long as they are forged, and built to spec they're good to go. The quality is actually quite good on this one. DPMS as a whole is considered bottom of the barrel to most respected industry professionals. However with lowers, theyre pretty much all the same. *Hopefully now that Ive said that, this wont turn into a brand pissing match.

2. Heres my First AR, minus the aimpoint rubber rain coat.

3. Yes, I was really entertaining the thought of the 556. In fact, I almost put one in layaway a couple of weeks ago. However I decided to just go with another standard AR. Its much more cost effective...which is a plus with a new baby on the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same price.
Oh ok. Still all things being equal I would have gone with the Doublestar I think. Actually Buds will only ship to FFL so you'd probably have to pay a fee for the paperwork if needed.

Actually I dont think DPMS is all that bad. I mean they are LMT or Colt but I've heard their complete rifles are that bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok. Still all things being equal I would have gone with the Doublestar I think. Actually Buds will only ship to FFL so you'd probably have to pay a fee for the paperwork if needed.

Actually I dont think DPMS is all that bad. I mean they are LMT or Colt but I've heard their complete rifles are that bad.
Yeah I would have paid a bit more just to avoid the whole FFL transfer thing.
The only thing I'd mess with from DPMS is their lowers. To each his own though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I would have paid a bit more just to avoid the whole FFL transfer thing.
The only thing I'd mess with from DPMS is their lowers. To each his own though.
At any rate, glad to see you got another project to work on. :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts