AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They keep your trigger and hammer pins from moving and/or falling-out at inopportune times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd get them if I had a carbon fiber lower. I don't think I'll ever put enough rounds through an aluminum lower to enlarge the pin holes to the point I'd see a difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for some reason, might be undersized trigger pins, my trigger pins were walking out. I picked up a cheap pair of anti-walk pins to remedy the problem.

they were these ones

Apparently, you don't need them since the pressure from the trigger spring should hold them in place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not much use for those things unless you're lucky enough to have a happy switch on the side of your AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not much use for those things unless you're lucky enough to have a happy switch on the side of your AR.
My pin walked from the brand new lpk that I assembled a couple weeks ago. When to the range and the trigger pin started to walk. I got the kind that Krackels posted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My pin walked from the brand new lpk that I assembled a couple weeks ago. When to the range and the trigger pin started to walk. I got the kind that Krackels posted
I'm trying to find out how the pins walk. The pins are suppose to have grooves in them. The springs will lock the pins in place. Do your pins have grooves?

Notice the Trigger Pin and Hammer Pin pictured at the bottom, center. The grooves are what keep it in place.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm trying to find out how the pins walk. The pins are suppose to have grooves in them. The springs will lock the pins in place. Do your pins have grooves?

Notice the Trigger Pin and Hammer Pin pictured at the bottom, center. The grooves are what keep it in place.

Hardwarz
Is it possible that if a lower receiver is slightly out of dimension that the groove would be covered?

I'll have to see if I can dig up my trigger and hammer pins to show them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is it possible that if a lower receiver is slightly out of dimension that the groove would be covered?

I'll have to see if I can dig up my trigger and hammer pins to show them.
See how the hammer spring and the trigger spring legs are far apart? Those are suppose to hold the pins in place.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pins tend to walk when you use crappy LPK's or your lower is out of spec. That, or you have a bazillion rounds through your AR and the pins rotating for all those rounds has caused wear in the holes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts