AR15 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm looking into the Ace "entry" stock for my new build. Does anyone have this length Ace? I've got the full size and find it to be a very comfortable, well-built stock. I'm wanting something a little more maneuverable, but a collapsable is not an option (thanks NY:roll:) Any opinions or hands on experience would be very helpful. I guess I'm wondering if it will feel too short and unfortunately all I have to go on are pics. Thanks:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an ace stock, but I don't think it's an entry size.

I love how solid it is, and you can't beat the how comfortable it feels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell me if you are willing to sell your current Ace stock because I have a buddy looking for one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fired an AR at our club one day that had an "entry" size stock on it. They are made for situations in which you're wearing body armor. If that's not the case, you'll find it nearly unusable because it will be too short for you unless your arms are shorter than normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fired an AR at our club one day that had an "entry" size stock on it. They are made for situations in which you're wearing body armor. If that's not the case, you'll find it nearly unusable because it will be too short for you unless your arms are shorter than normal.

This is a personal observation obviously.. none of us are built the same nor do we have the exact same placement of our heads on the stock.. if you shoot nose to charging handle, you will generally find shorter stocks more comfortable. If you are use to using optics with a longer eye relief then you'll not find them comfortable on average.

Hence the multi-positional M4 and CAR stocks which are the dominant configuration for AR's.

With regard to the shorty ACE Skeleton Entry stock.. they're durable and a tad heavy, but you and butt-stroke a bastard with one and they're gonna know they got tagged on top of you're highly unlikely to bend the buffer tube like you would with a typical M4/CAR stock.

Look at the SOCOM M4 standard stock as another option. Less snag potential and they are way comfortable at about the same weight as the M4/CAR stocks. Add to that the Wack a' Fool option (heavy serration on the bottom of the stock body) and it's one of the best out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a personal observation obviously.. none of us are built the same nor do we have the exact same placement of our heads on the stock.. if you shoot nose to charging handle, you will generally find shorter stocks more comfortable. If you are use to using optics with a longer eye relief then you'll not find them comfortable on average.

Hence the multi-positional M4 and CAR stocks which are the dominant configuration for AR's.

With regard to the shorty ACE Skeleton Entry stock.. they're durable and a tad heavy, but you and butt-stroke a bastard with one and they're gonna know they got tagged on top of you're highly unlikely to bend the buffer tube like you would with a typical M4/CAR stock.

Look at the SOCOM M4 standard stock as another option. Less snag potential and they are way comfortable at about the same weight as the M4/CAR stocks. Add to that the Wack a' Fool option (heavy serration on the bottom of the stock body) and it's one of the best out there.
Well, I wasn't actually referring to midgets that shoot AR's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about the shorty ACE stock but since I use a scope for range shooting I decided to go with the longer one. I like the little one though. it's neat.
:D:D:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I'm still not sure what I'll end up buying, and it might be a while before I finish this build.

Scalce....The Ace I currently have is already mounted on my RRA, and I'm going to keep that one. I'm looking for a stock for my next build.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bumping this to the top, because I am in the same situation as the OP. Adjusting/Collapsible are illegal here.

Any additional thoughts on this stock? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts