AR15 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone that has an AR-15, Cav-15 MKII lower, Bushmaster A-1 upper for sale. Is this a decent combination, and is it worth buying? What is a fair price for the rifle? Thanks for helping a rifle newbie.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally, I am not a fan of Cav Arms lowers. I find them to be fugly and not very useful because of it being a one piece design. You couldn't upgrade to a better stock...etc, etc. Some people like the Cav Arms, so it may work for you.

I would say from the description, I woudln't spend more than $600 used.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would depend on the condition of the upper and barrel. Are you sure it's an A1 and not an A2?

All said and told the Cav lowers are solid, just not tweekable like a standard lower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He said it was the "A-1" upper. Could probably get it for around 450.00. Thanks for the input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell if you don't buy it I will :) ... $450 is more than a fair price. Again realize a few of the limitations. The A1 sighting system is a bit of a pain to adjust, it's a fixed carry handle iteration meaning if you mount optics you're going to be pretty far above the line of the barrel. Next is that you're gonna be kinda stuck with a fixed position stock because of the Cav lower.

On the other hand, you'll be neck deep in the EBRD so there are plenty of us out here to console and help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts