AR15 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built an AR-15, It is a stag lower, and I bought a kit from M&A Parts. (two actually, one for a friend).
Supposedly they are LMT uppers, but are unmarked since they were sold for the civilian market. But there are some markings on it.
Here is one on the upper receiver. I assume it is a forge code, but I cannot figure out where to.

This is on the front sight.

This is on the barrel.

I get the one on the barrel, but what about the other two?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the one on the upper is Cardinal Forge, they do the raw forgings for alot of companies, one of which is LMT.
The code on the front sight base is the identifier of who did the casting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I belive you, but how to you know (that cardnial forge made it, and that they make for LMT).

I looked for something like a list of forge codes for uppers... You would think ar-15.com would have something like that.

Agian thank you, It was bugging the heck out of me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

I belive you, but how to you know (that cardnial forge made it, and that they make for LMT).
I looked for something like a list of forge codes for uppers... You would think ar-15.com would have something like that.
Agian thank you, It was bugging the heck out of me.

I have NO IDEA of who M&A gets their parts from, and if that it is true that their uppers are made by LMT.

What I do know is that LMT uses raw forging from Cardinal Forge to make their uppers, as my LMT upper has that mark.

this list I got on ar15.com

A (splintered) = Anchor Harvey Aluminum
AF = Alcoa Forge
C AF = Colt Alco Forge
C MB = Colt / Mueller Brass
Cardinal (stylized) = Cardinal Forge
CH = Colt Harvey Aluminum
Circle/Crosshairs w/"AR" = ArmaLite
CK = Colt / Kaiser Aluminum
CM = Colt / Martin Marietta
D (stylized) = Diemaco
DK = Diemaco / Kaiser Aluminum
E = Emco
EK = EMCO/Kaiser
E MB = EMCO/Mueller Brass
F keyhole = FNMI / Cerro Forge
FA = FNMI / Anchor Harvey
FK = FNMI / Kaiser Aluminum
FM = FN/Martin Marietta
FMB = FNMI / Mueller Brass
Keyhole = Cerro Forge
L = Lewis Machine & Tool
LK = LAR / Kaiser Aluminum
LM = LAR / Martin Marietta
M (under diamond) = Mueller Industries
PA = Capco / Anchor Harvey
PM = Capco / Martin Marietta

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are several places that make raw forgings, and they provide the majority of the uppers to the various manufacturers before they are "made" into a reciever.

Here's a couple of links if you'd like to read more about some of the various ones.
OA2.org :: View topic - Olympic Arms markings

OA2.org :: View topic - New CMT upper(EDITED 5-30)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts