AR15 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my ar is in the shop right now getting a sling stud put in my free float tube so i can mount a bi-pot to it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guys that came back from Iraq said the broomstick/bipods were amazing just my .02

I've got a Grip-pod (which is what I believe you are referring to) on my support configured AR and it is a great solution to a niche need. If you want a FVG and a Bi-pod then you have an option to the weight that the two separate pieces would add. If you're bench shooting the weapon for the majority of it's use then a BP is more appropriate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup I love the Harris,Ive had one for about 6 years.The forend is not railed.Its smooth and metal.
well i think the best option is either to have a gunsmith put in a short rain or have him install a sling stud. all they have to do is take the FF tube off and drill it and mount the rail or stud. my gunsmith is only chargine me $25 to install my 2 stage RRA trigger and put the stud in. i would have done the trigger myslef but since i bought the gun and trigger from them they install it for free and its cheaper to add work when the gun is allready being worked on so if i just took it in to have the stud put in it would be $30 plus parts so about $35 but if i have him install the trigger also the total price is $20 plus parts so $25 total

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a Grip-pod (which is what I believe you are referring to) on my support configured AR and it is a great solution to a niche need. If you want a FVG and a Bi-pod then you have an option to the weight that the two separate pieces would add. If you're bench shooting the weapon for the majority of it's use then a BP is more appropriate.
Yup thank you kindly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts