AR15 Forums banner

AR Bipod Suggestions

3K views 10 replies 0 participants last post by  PackerfanXD 
G
#1 ·
I have a Bushmaster Patrolman with quad rails that I want to mount a lightweight bipod on.

Do you guys have any suggestions on length and make and if a rail mount on a carbine length railguard is OK or should I get a barrell mounted one.

I am always lugging my caldwell rest around and a bipod would be easier.

Thanks

G
#2 ·
If the rails on your patrolman are part of a true free-float handguard, then definitely mount it to the handguard! The pressure exerrted by a barrel-mounted bipod can really mess with your groupings.

Harris makes about the best bipod out there. That being said, I don't have a bipod on my AR. They're bulky and add needless weight to your setup. I can get groups just as tight with a Caldwell rest bag, or even a rolled-up coat or backpack if I happen to be hunting varmints or predators.

I do use a pair of Stoney Point shooting sticks sometimes though. They're super-light and shock-corded so they set up in about 5 seconds. The best part is that they're not attached to my gun. The best coyote hunter I know swears by them.

G
#6 ·
Harris on the Colt A2 Gov attached to the handguard it's the one in my Avatar. I am looking at TangoDown for the M4. The bipods do add some weight but balance out the rifle if doing rapid fire standing. Prone they are awesome hands down. If you get the Harris which moves side to side get the PODLoc for it. Easy to use and precision shooting.

G
#11 ·
Shooters Ridge RockMount Rifle Bipod 9-13" is what I have. I was going to get a Harris, but this was only $40 and is basically the same bipod. I got mine online but then I found it for a great price at Walmart. 9-13" is perfect for me. The 6-9" was just too short and the longer ones were too bulky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.