AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower I ordered is stamped multi caliber. Does that mean I can use a .308 upper, or is that just meaning .223/5.56?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The lower I ordered is stamped multi caliber. Does that mean I can use a .308 upper, or is that just meaning .223/5.56?
What ever caliber you want that will fit your lower is fine. They just have to mark it with something.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a AR15 9mm... I use the lower with my upper RRA 223/5.56 and it works just great. Did have to replace the tirgger pins with a "C" clip pin to keep them in. I was told that 9mm puts a lot of shaking or pressure on those pins and they work lose. Which it did a couple of days ago at the range. Test fired it today... no problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

NO, a .308 will not fit in a regular size ar15 lower. The .308 users a completely different size lower receiver.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO, a .308 will not fit in a regular size ar15 lower. The .308 users a completely different size lower receiver.
Dammit. thought you could throw a .308 upper on a .223/5.56 lower. Boosauce.

Good thing I didn't order that Armalite upper...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dammit. thought you could throw a .308 upper on a .223/5.56 lower. Boosauce.

Good thing I didn't order that Armalite upper...
Why hasn't anyone tried to use mag blocks and conversion kits in AR10's?

Seems like everyone and their brother makes conversion mag blocks, barrels and bolts for alternate calibers with AR15's, why hasn't anyone made one that will step a 308 down (or up) to something else?

Seems like a good idea to me and would open up a whole new world of chamberings and not to mention sales.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts