AR15 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well it is cheap enough......it will give you the feel, but will probably wobble all over the place......been there, done that. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
come on....did ya guys read the description of the items in the link ? :p

a grip and a 6" bolt on rail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Come on, man. It was a legit question from someone who is asking for advice from those who have more experience. What's wrong with that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get these:
ARR-054 - AR-15 Deluxe Handguard Rails Set of Two 5.9" Length 12 Slots Aluminum - Manufactured by: Cheaper Than Dirt

then add whatever foregrip you want. these rails are the most squared away i have come across for an add-a-rail type deal for existing handguards. they are sloped to maintain correct parallel with bore axis, so you can also mount a flashlight....and it will be pointing in the right direction.

if the handguard does not fit snug, dimple the front retaining plate, OR add some aluminum foil around the barrel nut, and re-install the handguards.

this is what they look like when installed:

and you can add a cheap offset light mount, like the viking tactics mount, and set it up like this (setup shown is lefty)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice set up ARin. Sometimes you do not have to drink a lot of juice and spend a lot of money to get things done. Sometimes drinking water will do the same job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice set up ARin. Sometimes you do not have to drink a lot of juice and spend a lot of money to get things done. Sometimes drinking water will do the same job.
no, but ive NEVER missed the money i have spent on QUALITY gear. never buyers remorse. i DO however, have a box full of cheap crap that i wish i could trade for the money i originally spent on it.

The above setup works fine for hobbyists and target shooters. it is ONE of the few pieces of CHEAPO gear that i believe is worth every penny.

Not everyone has the funds to properly equip a fighting carbine, and i can appreciate that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Come on, man. It was a legit question from someone who is asking for advice from those who have more experience. What's wrong with that?

Please go back and READ the original post....He asked about a VFG and a 6 inch piece of rail to mount to the regular plastic handguards.

Next thing you know guys are just posting what VFG they bought, completely ignoring the original post.

That is why I posted the above quoted statement.

:roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts