AR15 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get an AR in the worst way, only problem is funds. I was crusing the RRA site and I see that I can purchase complete upper recievers, complete lower recievers, ect. My question is are these parts fully assembled or do I need to buy internal parts, like firing pin and such?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am pretty sure that because the pic shows a charging handle that there will also be a bolt carrire/bolt in there.
You might want to call and ask if it includes a bolt carrier group, if the answer is yes then it will include all the piecie parts that you will need. But my initial reaction is yes, complete means ready to slap on a lower and get to blasting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Complete Uppers" are usually just that...everything for the "upper" part of the gun is finished, headspaced, and usually fired. Includes the barrel, gas tube, bolt, charging handle, upper receiver, etc...

"Complete Lowers" are just that, too. Complete. The options you'll generally see floating around are:

1. Stripped Lower
2. Complete Lower (has lower parts kit installed), minus stock
3. Complete Lower HALF...everything's done, including the stock.

If you buy a Complete Upper half and Complete Lower half, slap the two together and you're good to go, in most circumstances.

I ordered a stripped Stag lower receiver from www.ballisticsounds.com, and then a Stag rifle kit from www.ar15sales.com, and the total cost was $728.

Buying separate parts saves on taxes, too!! If you buy an assembled rifle, cha-ching!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my bad, I was looking at complete uppers,
No I guess the only difference is door, sight and fwd assist.
Yeah prolly need carrier group and stuff. Sorry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nevermind, I found it, by the way, my wife hates all of you right now for the new web sites you guided me to. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts