AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I WANT ONE OF THESE. not for practicality, obviously, its like a bayonet on a shotgun. its just cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MDug these up from the archives. My first (and last) scratch build AR. Lower from a DSA forging. Too cheap to buy a Magpul stock. 20" stainless vvarmint barrel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MDug these up from the archives. My first (and last) scratch build AR. Lower from a DSA forging. Too cheap to buy a Magpul stock. 20" stainless vvarmint barrel.
That's a nice stick! Good work on the stock. How much does the stock alone weigh?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

who makes the rear buttstock assembly =the metal one in your pics i really want one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The butt stock weighs in at 3.8 pounds IIRC. The rifle comes in at around 15 pounds empty. I hadn't done any real gun building for a long time and decided to try some ideas out on that build before taking on more complicated stuff. In order to make that stock work I also had to make my own buffer tube.

I have some photos of the machining of the stock, a few strange setups since it was a prototype. I don't think this picture thread is the place to put them but you can see some of them on the weaponsguild in a thread from July 2009. You'll have to be a member to see them, but it's free.
Login

Shortly after that build I did a dedicated .22LR upper using a Remington 513T barrel. The thread from that one is here: Login

1 - 20 of 38 Posts