AR15 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I go to find the latest info on various gun laws? Specifically is there any legal issues, other than the 16'' barrel, that need to be addressed before beginning an AR build. Im looking at a bushmaster lower and complete 16'' stag upper. I've found a site detailing the diffrences between AR/M-16 FCQ parts and they express concerns of some dealers selling some m-16 parts unknowningly, anyone heard of this?
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You're pretty much good to go in Texas. I think you can (if you apply for the appropriate permit) have less than 16" barrels as well. I'm from NY....and up here we can't have bayonet lugs, non-perm attached muzzle devices, or collapsable stocks. You should check out AR15.com It's a WEALTH of information. As far as vendors selling m-16 parts, never heard of that with reputable businesses....maybe eBay if you aren't careful. M-16 parts (bolt carrier, auto sear, etc.) wouldn't be confused and sold as AR parts by a well-respected dealer. Good luck with the build.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I go to find the latest info on various gun laws? Specifically is there any legal issues, other than the 16'' barrel, that need to be addressed before beginning an AR build. Im looking at a bushmaster lower and complete 16'' stag upper. I've found a site detailing the diffrences between AR/M-16 FCQ parts and they express concerns of some dealers selling some m-16 parts unknowningly, anyone heard of this?
Thanks
Dont sweat it. Bushmaster and Stag arent going to give you anything illegal (especially in Texas :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts