AR15 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone-Just picked up a Bushmaster AR. (Sorry cant post pics, I'm at work, SSHHH!) Standard, 16" barrel, carry handle, six postion stock.

Upgraded the standard handguards with Midwest Insustries aluminum 4-sided handguard.

Wanted to mount my Eotech to the handle but it sits pretty high for my liking. So I mounted the Eotech to the handguards, the aluminum handguards are tighter than the standard handguards so I didnt think it would hurt. Plus they co-witness well with the stock sights.

My question is, there really shouldnt be any problems with the way I mounted the Eotech, right?

Help a brother out?

thanks-:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
There should be no problem at all, in fact some weapons platforms the EOTech must be mounted forward.

Here is a slightly forward on an AR.

Some it just looks cool.

Some have no other choice.

here is another AR forward mounted.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
As long as there is no movement on the rail you should be fine.

I have a 2-piece MI rail and the top is solid. Unfortunately the bottom half has a slight amount of play in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't really trust it to hold if the MI railed handguards are not the free float type. If they are the drop-ins you may notice your point of impact moving around.

All of the pics that TKOL posted were solid mounting platforms meant for optics.

Just a couple of questions........Since you bought a new Bushy and wanted to put an EOTech on it, why didn't you get the A3 flattop instead of the A2 with fixed carry handle ? Or do you have the A3 with the removable carry handle ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I couldnt pass it up! I didnt pay anything for it, just ended up trading some guns that I really didnt use anymore.

I am fine shooting it with iron sights, but I just thought I would give it a try with the Eotech and see if it would work.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
That's all you can do is give it a try and see if it will hold :cool:
If not I'd reccomend the Bennie Cooley mount that attaches to the carry handle like in the first picture TKOL posted.

where are you in Indiana ? I'm in the NW part

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
If you inclined enough to do it you could also just pick up an A3 upper receiver for around $100 then sell the A2 for whatever you can get out of it but then if youcwant BUIS you will have to buy them separate

If you do this be sure to check your head spacing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts