AR15 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good site that has downloadable schematics for an AR? I was going to buy an AK, but after spinning my head around the quality issues and compatibility problems I've decided to look in the direction of an AR instead. I'm curious about building my own, but not entirely sure of where to start. I know that I want a 16" barrel with removeable comp and bead blasted finish. I want an A3 upper with removeable carry handle and an A2 front sight post with Bayonet lug. Standard forearm is fine, but I do want to be able to swap it out with a rail cluster if I'm ever so inclined to do so, and I want a 6 position selectable rear stock. As far as internals go, I've got no friggin' idea where to start.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so what are the advantages and disadvantages of say a DPMS kit or a RRA kit, and when using a non-matching manufacture lower and upper are there any reliability or feeding issues?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so what are the advantages and disadvantages of say a DPMS kit or a RRA kit, and when using a non-matching manufacture lower and upper are there any reliability or feeding issues?
advantages/disadvantages ?

if they have the features you want, then go for it ;)

feeding issues ?

Nope

1 - 9 of 9 Posts