AR15 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a standard AR lower and an upper fit to fire 7.62x39 rounds and I load the 7.62 ammo into a standard PMAG will it feed correctly? Or is there a mag conversion I need, too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard a Pmag will feed 7.62x39 just fine, but I can't verify that info is true, but I have heard that. And I got an email earlier today from cproducts saying their hi cap mags should be shipping within/under the next 2 weeks.

I've also heard the 6.8 spc magazines and followers will feed the 7.62x39 pretty well too.

And Packer, a standard AR lower for 5.56 will work with a 7.62x39 with no problems or modifications necessary. It's just the barrel and bolt that is different.

7.62x51 (.308 ) on the other hand, does require a different lower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, this is good. I figured I'd ask before trying it and blowing myself up not knowing.
I don't know either, but I kind of doubt you'd blow anything up. It just probably wouldn't feed correctly at worst.

Here's a link to the info I was passing along about the Pmags if you want to check it out for yourself as I really don't have any firsthand knowlege of the subject, but he said that he did it without hurting anything. ModulARweapons.net :: View topic - Wanna hear something funny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts