AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want an AR. I was going to get the "bargain bin deal" but it has been deleted. Getting IRS check soon so looking for a new toy. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At the risk of sounding like a broken record- build one!!

Get a $465 kit from Del-Ton.com and a stripped lower elsewhere, for $90+. That equals a rifle for about $565. Of course, if you get the Delton kit, you'll have to get some BUIS, which add about $100 to the price tag. But still, it's under $700. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you absolutely can not or will not build one, then get one from CMMG's bargain bin. They run about $600 or so with shipping I believe. I have heard many good things about them. But I agree with KAD that building your own is probably cheaper and you will learn exactly how it operates and goes together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you absolutely can not or will not build one, then get one from CMMG's bargain bin. They run about $600 or so with shipping I believe. I have heard many good things about them. But I agree with KAD that building your own is probably cheaper and you will learn exactly how it operates and goes together.
I think he said the Bargain Bin's no more...and I'd heard it was coming to an end.

How are the oil rags workin' for ya?!!! :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gone /cry

That was the entire point of the post. I have never built a gun before. Not totally against it but would rather unpack something, point and fire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Del-ton rifle kit is everything but the lower receiver. It's listed for $465 which is $485 shipped. I'm getting a lower receiver at a local gun store. It lists at $109 and comes out to $120 with tax. Cheaper Than Dirt has rear sights for $50 and another $25 gets you a couple of magazines. In the end, it's $680. Just add ammo and you're rocking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really, it depends on what you want to do with the rifle and how far out you wanna shoot. Target? Defense? Competition? Varmint/Hunting = what caliber?

If you just want a fun plinker that'll work good for defense and you can build up to tacticool specs then here's a way to go:

Figured I'd break it down a little bit for ya (tried to keep cost down)... ;)

Mid-length rifle kit, flat-top upper w/fixed front sight = $465
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit

YHM rear flip-up BUIS = $78.95
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 Flip Up Rear Sight

Here are two stripped lower receivers, both @ $100. I got the Stag lower from here. I'm sure you can find cheaper elsewhere, but I didn't look much right now.
Ballistic Sounds Tactical Supply

P-Mag, 30 rds = $14.95 (or find cheap aluminum mags)
AIM Magpul Polymer 30rd .223 AR15/M16 PMAG Magazines Magpul Polymer 30rd .223 AR15/M16 PMAG Magazines

Total = $658.90. With all of that you'll be able to shoot the thing. :D

Edit: BTW, building one is not tough at all...if I can do it, anyone can! :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the bargin bin isnt being offered anymore.

but if you buy a completed upper and build the lower (which you can skimp on parts on the lower as long as they are in spec, i built my lower off of a superior arms lower and a tapco collapsible stock and a dpms LPK for $195 and that leaves you with $500 to spend on the upper. building is NOT hard at all its very easy as long as you have two hands. but if for what ever reason you dont want to build one you can buy a completed lower and a completed upper and just pin them together and that will save you some money

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gone /cry

That was the entire point of the post. I have never built a gun before. Not totally against it but would rather unpack something, point and fire.
Where are you located ? Im sure someone around you will be willing to help you, its not like along drawn out build it takes about 20mins-30mins.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think he said the Bargain Bin's no more...and I'd heard it was coming to an end.

How are the oil rags workin' for ya?!!! :mrgreen:
Holy crap, how did I miss that? My mistake. That sucks because I was really considering getting one. Oh well.

I actually wore the oil rags yesterday. Perfect fit!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=1059271&cat=33&

this was the page it was on less then a week ago and it is no longer there. when i looked at it last week it was saying all they had let was the "hand select" left

post the page that you see it on
heh. I was taking to a friend on instant messenger last night that wants an AR at 10pm and clicking on bargain bin at the top of the page had the stuff thats there now plus a pile of rifles for $575 or however much they were.

It's gone now like you said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!:eek::cry::cry::cry:
I was planing on buying one of those Bargen Bin Ar's when i got my tax money back.Sniff tear
Now what am i going to do with all that money.
Darn i ges im going to have to buy an upper:-D and put one together:rolleyes:.

I was looking at them last night and they where there they just ditapeared, vanished into thin air:cry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
everyones backlogged with orders now, my delton order is 2 months backordered, RRA has 8 week deliveries, etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the lesson we can all gain here, is file your taxes earlier if you are getting a refund! I filed first week of Feb, and I already have my AR thanx to Uncle Sugar & the Earned Income Credit!!!!! 8) :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are the uppers from Del-Ton only in .223? I want to build a 9mm so I'm looking for a cheap route.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts