AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a AR15 in a 9mm... is it good for hunting?? I took it to the range yesterday and shot 4 inch groups at 75 yards. What about the 223 or 5.56? Has anyone shot deer with it?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I've used my CX4 storm (40S&W) on rabbits, the 9mm AR is about the same dam thing. Plust its cheap, but not nearly as cheap as the old 22LR. I think they are more of a novelty gun, but I like my version just fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
It'd probably be good for wolves too, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to lure a wolf close enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
just make sure you can hunt with a .223 in your state. Many states have a caliber minimum, even though a .223 with drop a large man, dumb politicans dont make the distinction and dumb folks if allowed will surely try to take a 185 lb -240 lb deer with a .22 lr if left to their own devices, some jack ass will try it. Alaska seems like a half decent state so i wouldnt be surprised if you can, just look into it first,

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Don't hunt seals... Don't have Marmots. Do have deer in the southern parts of Alaska. Looked in the regs for caliber and weapons types.... Haven't found any limits not even with how many bullets in a magz. I'll keep looking and you guys keep adding to the list of what things I can hunt with here in Alaska.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
I have a AR15 in a 9mm... is it good for hunting?? I took it to the range yesterday and shot 4 inch groups at 75 yards. What about the 223 or 5.56? Has anyone shot deer with it?
Great for hunting paper targets but thats about it.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Great for hunting paper targets but thats about it.
Pat
I agree. Target/fun gun only. You may be able to group shots nicely at 75 yards, but are the rounds going to have enough energy to take down said game at that range is the question.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts