AR15 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently started a custom AR15 build, and may have slightly compromised the thread on the front of the barrel, the thread for muzzle brake, I am unable to screw any muzzle or hider on the barrel? Its the first and second of thread from the tip of the barrel that is stripped. Please tell me there is a way to creatively solve this issue? Any suggestions or does anyone have experience dealing with this issue before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here s picture of the stripped thread at the tip of the barrel, it's only the very tip area that has been compromised so I. Really hoping that there is a solution to this situation that doesn't involve replacing the whole barrel...

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could get a 1/2x29 and re-thread this. But it looks like your crown is not in very good shape. Or, it looks like it's in really bad shape. You do NOT need to replace the barrel. If you just can not find anyone to help you, I will. I've been treated more than fair from several forums. It would take longer to pack and ship than to fix this. Hopefully, you will find someone to help you closer than I am. [Tennessee] This is a simple fix and no one should charge much, if any, to repair it. RUN! If someone says you need a new barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Use a small 3 cornered file that fits the groove between threads. Remove misplaced metal, take your time. If the top is not flat use a flat file and be careful to only remove the high spot. A die nut could also be used if you can keep it straight. Lastly a dremmel can be used, just grind off offensive metal. You have plenty of clean threads and you could just grind the last couple off. You will want the small 3 cornered file to clean up the start of the threads regardless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts