AR15 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
why do you feel it is necessary to taunt us with products we cant buy?
lol :p
it does look cool i would like to hear from any one that has any sort of piston conversion

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting; I'd like to hear what they have to say when you talk to them Dhunter55. Could you ask about the restricted (LEO/Military only) sales as well? I also wonder if it will fit under a free float tube using a gas block rather than a front sight base, and if so which ones if not all?

I've been kicking around the idea of converting my Stag to a piston.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you read the comments below the video a user says the following:

To all commenters....The OPS-416 is available to civillians with NO restrictions from Safety Systems Corporation: 877-653-1103. It is only currently available for pre-order (First shippment by end of March 2008). I have one on pre-order (Cost: $299.99). Try calling them and ordering one...I figured there was no harm in asking...and was correct (for once).

So order away and post a review when you get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting; I'd like to hear what they have to say when you talk to them Dhunter55. Could you ask about the restricted (LEO/Military only) sales as well? I also wonder if it will fit under a free float tube using a gas block rather than a front sight base, and if so which ones if not all?

I've been kicking around the idea of converting my Stag to a piston.
i was wondering about the free float and i think it would fit since most free floats have more space in there then regular hand guards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if this is decreasing the amount of gas needed to backfeed to operate the gun, would more gas be used to drive the bullet? Wonder if its any amount noticeable. So the main selling point of this is increased reliability and decreased cleaning intervals? Anything other major, will the handling of the gun change any?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't watch the youtube video, just the vids from their web site; so I missed the comments.

The Ares/Bushmaster kit looks to be a bit more solid (if that can be discerned from video).

I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears on this kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why do you feel it is necessary to taunt us with products we cant buy?
lol :p
it does look cool i would like to hear from any one that has any sort of piston conversion
I have an ARES piston upgrade, and it has performed flawlessly. It shoots any brand ammo you put through it, including blanks, without problem. Cleanup is quick and easy. Bumpfires pretty well. My only gripe is it is about 1/8" too high for clearance for GI issue handguards, so you have to use their handguards, unless you get creative with a Dremel. I fabricated a pair of triangle handguards for it for a retro look, and I didn't have a problem. I just cut a small peice out of the home made sheilds, and was good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts