AR15 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good deal on a Busnell Red Dot sight today...it was on sale. My question is...what is the best way to attach this to my Colt AR-15 A3? I suspect I will need a weaver riser plate. The sight came with rings for a weaver rail but it is too low for the sight on the barrel.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An aimpoint cantilever mount (er..gasp: Airsoft cantilever mount) will work perfectly for a true cowitness. (example below)

The Aimpoint and Trophy are both 30mm tubes :wink:

I believe you'll be satisfied with the trophy. Mine has been mounted on an MP5K, an M4, and is now riding on a mossberg 500 defense shotgun and I have been more than satisfied with it.

I've heard that the point of impact shifts between reticles, but I like the circle dot the best anyway, so that's where I leave mine and I can't confirm if the zero shifts between reticles or not because I haven't tried to change it.

I've been more than happy with mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For it to clear the FS it will take 3/4".1/2" looks as though it will co witness with the iron sights.i was told by a friend that he measured the height of a standard mil spec aperture sight and it was about 1.45" give or take a couple thousanths.And my Leapers measures about an 1" with stock mounts.:grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts