AR15 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
So, I need someone to give me the dope on rail covers. I've been looking at Magpul, KAC and Tango down. I can't believe these things cost so much! I'm drawn to the Magpul the most but I'm wondering what the weird looking ends are on the KAC and Tango Down versions? Which has the best grippy feel in the hand? Looking for some info from those with first hand experience.

Thanks,
Slugger

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I've used (Ergo) Falcon and Magpul low profile guards (slotted). Of the two, the magpul fits the rail more securely.

As for the covers, I like the tango down the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
As for the covers, I like the tango down the best.
So what is that on the end of the tango down covers? I'm assuming some type of rail lock that you pull up as you slide the cover over the rail from muzzle to rear. Locks it into place?

I'm still leaning to the Magpul covers but think I'll like the non-ladder style covers. I think I found a local shop with them for $9ea. I just can't believe they charge so much for them.

Slugger

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
the falcon ladders from botach are ergo brand. IIRC even magpul has their ladders made by ergo.

as far as i have seen, every ladder panel i have handled is the same as far as build quality. its a hard item to "mess up".

I do NOT like the fatter guards as they add girth to the foregrip.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I am ready to buy another gun for concealed carry. I have narrowed my choices to a XD40SC or a XD45C, what do my XD land brothers recommend??

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
The little thingies at the end of the TD and KAC covers are clips that hold them locked into a pic slot. Doesn't work on all rail types for some reason (KAC's didn't work on my MI Rifle Length Rail).

MagPul sells one kind and ships a different one with their rails, so I'd buy into the idea that they may re-brand, but I'm not 100% on that.

All said and told it will depend on if you want the added diameter that full panels add vs. ladder racks.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh, how do the ladders feel in the hand? The concept seem strange to me . . . although I have zero experience.

Slugger

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I have used the cheap Falcon ladder ones from Botach Tactical.

http://www.botachtactical.com/falowprraco.html

Can't beat them for the price and I had zero issues with them staying secure.

I am actually purchasing a few more for my new FF rail.

+1

That's what I have on all my guns. If you get them in bulk they are only like $6 each and they have 18 panels. They stay put, and can be cut down to size to accomadate any guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts