AR15 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a flat-top and will need a rear BUIS. I'm totally undecided between the two. Anyone with more experience care to chime in?

ARMS #40L Flip Up Rear Sight - Low
- spring loaded with a quick release lever.
Two aperatures, one for 250-300m and one for 500-600m.
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 ARMS #40L Flip Up Rear Sight - Low
ARMS 40L-SP
Identical to ARMS 40L, but uses the same plane aperture system.
Allows operator to choose between large and small aperture without worrying about zeroing to different ranges. Small aperature can be removed.
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 ARMS 40L-SP
They both cost $118 + shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you're dead set on ARMS I'd go with the "same plane".

For a few bux more I prefer the Troy. Or for around 60 bux the MaTech is decent, I have a couple of those also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spend the extra few bucks and get the Troy. While the #40-L and -L/SP are good BUIS, they have a critical fault.. they're spring loaded and have this evil little tendency to push out of the line of aim because they aren't fixed in the upright position. Mind you have I a #40, a #40-L/SP and 3 Troys. There is a marked difference in quality and function.

Still if you're going to stick with one or the other, get the SP, but also note that $119 +/- is MAP, you can get them off of ARFCOM used for around $95, or from a ARFCOM dealer for about $109.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've personally never had any problems with my el cheapo ProMag front and midwest industries rear flip up sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts