AR15 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Paid $125 for these 2 mounts. Price was $50 each + $25 for 3 day shipping from Hong Kong. I thought I would get a "regular" relief one and an extended eye relief one.

The Millet twins. XCR and FAL

Here is the extended eye relief one on my XCR. I don't really need the extended on the XCR, but thought I would get it in case one day I want to mount a long eye relief scope on my M4

The regular eye relief one on my FAL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So these are the imfamous LaRue knock offs.

Wow they look exactly like the real deal.

No wonder Mark was pissed.

Tell us how they hold zero.

Are they aluminum?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Answering all your guys questions:

1) I got them from uncompany.com

2) They are aluminum.

3) I like the XCR a lot. No problems with mine whatsover. Softer recoil than an AR (if you can believe that), runs cooler and cleaner than an AR, and is just as accurate as an AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah shame on you for saving your hard-earned money. You should be ashamed! :rolleyes:
These mounts are made from King Arms, these guys make some excellent rings that I already have experience with. Locking mechanism is adjustable for tightness. Quality is top notch. I believe certain companies uses these guys rings and have them re-badged.

I feel bad for buying this but I always feel bad when I buy foreign stuff. This past month I have been feeling extra bad. I bought some Nikes made in Vietnam, a Dell lap top hard drive made in China, a Dell battery made in Japan, a Dlink Wireless Router made in China, a Chinaware set made in China, and a stuff animal that was made in China. I feel the worse every time I fill up my gas tank paying $75 for Suadi Arabian Gas.

My nephew does not feel bad though. At least with the $300 I saved buying these mounts, I could buy a Nintendo Wii for him.

Do you know where I can buy American gas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These mounts are made from King Arms, these guys make some excellent rings that I already have experience with. Locking mechanism is adjustable for tightness. Quality is top notch. I believe certain companies uses these guys rings and have them re-badged.

I feel bad for buying this but I always feel bad when I buy foreign stuff. This past month I have been feeling extra bad. I bought some Nikes made in Vietnam, a Dell lap top hard drive made in China, a Dell battery made in Japan, a Dlink Wireless Router made in China, a Chinaware set made in China, and a stuff animal that was made in China. I feel the worse every time I fill up my gas tank paying $75 for Suadi Arabian Gas.

Do you know where I can buy American gas?
That is a great answer. When American companies stop outsourcing all their damn work to other countries maybe people can stop bitching about it, but until then I am going to purchase the items I need/want for the cheapest price I can get them for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm torn on this issue myself.. I prefer to spend my money on the best gear for the best price, but I'm finding myself drawing the line at blatant knock offs like this. I have a ton of respect for what Mark LaRue and his company does for our troops, he makes the majority of his money off of the civilian market, but he makes damn sure to take care of the grunt on the ground where he can.

We complain that we can't get US made goods, but when we can we're still buying the knock offs from Outside the U.S. ...

Then again, it's your money and if that's where you want it going then cool for you. I know you can't really buy anything really these days without it most likely being made out side of the U.S., but where I can I will. It's exactly why I don't support certain companies like Smith and Wesson, I disagree with their political track record, so I don't give them my money. While this maybe a rant, I do try the best I can to keep my money at home where it does the best.

You would think that if we were to focus on buying American that a few things would happen:

1. Volume reduces production costs, simple market economics
2. We would actually be doing something about it, speaking with our wallets; one of the last true voices any of the huddled masses still has available to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to deal with politics in everday life, especially at work. When it comes to my hobbies, I don't want to have to deal with all this political BS. I am just trying to survive and at the same time have fun in the process.

I really don't need a hobby, but if I am going to have one, I always try to do it as inexpensive as possible. If I can't afford a hobby, then I will find one I can afford. All I want to do is go put some bullet down range without thinking about how many trees I killed, or how I am supporting the evil empire. If a $50 scope mount makes me giddy then that's all that matters to me.

When it comes to my hobbies, you guys can play the political BS all you want, and I will continue to ignore you :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And Eric, I'm not passing judgment. But you set out examples of where you don't have the choices to buy local, I'm pointing out that there are options for local purchase.

Dude, you've got the frugal streak and you're collection shows that. What kills me is how torn I am on that mount.. I mean I've got at least 3 scopes that I'd love to get that style of mount for, the ones from LaRue cost more than 2 of them! But I guess I'm going to stay conflicted.

Oddly, the whole concept of buying "insert country here" is going away anyhow. Globalization changes everything and is inevitable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And Eric, I'm not passing judgment. But you set out examples of where you don't have the choices to buy local, I'm pointing out that there are options for local purchase.

Dude, you've got the frugal streak and you're collection shows that. What kills me is how torn I am on that mount.. I mean I've got at least 3 scopes that I'd love to get that style of mount for, the ones from LaRue cost more than 2 of them! But I guess I'm going to stay conflicted.

Oddly, the whole concept of buying "insert country here" is going away anyhow. Globalization changes everything and is inevitable.
no worries badshot. actually the ones from Larue cost more than 4 of these ;)

I think I deserve the right to buy some foreign items every once in awhile. The past 2 years I bought many things from American gun companies. A couple of ACOGs, a DSA FAL, Noveske, Robinson, Leupold, Aimpoint, Eotech, etc... I think I do my fair share in supporting the American gun industry.

Who would you think the American Gun Industry want? Someone like me who spends $10 to every $1 for American made gun stuff? Or somone who never buys American gun stuff?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh I agree with you on the ratio, it's just some of our more uninitiated who are still learning the who's who in the American industry. Sticker shock can take some years to get over :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts