AR15 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not in a position to say what is the best barrel, but my custom fitted Bar-Sto stainless in my XD9 Tactical does the job for me. I'm very happy with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a really nice barrel, although more specifically, I want to know what are some of the top (more accurate) barrels under $300. Since this is the AR forum, I figured I'd get some responses geared towards these rifles instead of rainwater. I'm looking for a 5.56, 16", 1/8 or 1/9, Stainless with a front sight post, although opinions on similar barrels will do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If youre going to get a stainless barrel I'd check out the Wilson barrels. Try M-AParts.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the "more accurate" category....start looking at the white oak armament (WOA) barrels, the noveske barrels, and Rainier arms has a stainless one available that is exclusive through them.

all of these should be capable of sub MOA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what are they?
these ones are nice, and the price is right.
60 Gallon Rain Barrel

LOL what a douche! LOL just kidding! that actually made me lolrsk8s!

i was actually doing some searching on this forum for a particular barrel to see if anyone has posted info about it! but couldn't find! so i guess i'm going to revive a somewhat old thread and make it a psuedo high jacked updated thread...

Anyone have any experience with Del-Ton Inc, barrels? Good stuff or bad stuff? I'm basically looking for a 16" Lightweight, chrome lined, 1:9 twist, carbine barrel. Del-ton was just one that I was asking about because I haven't heard much about their barrels... any input would be nice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from all accounts, del ton's chrome lined mil style barrels are very nice....but like all chrome lined barrels, they are not going to be tack drivers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Noveske and I am amazed at the accuracy. I always thought a 5.56 NATO chamber like the one found on my Noveske, could not be that accurate because of the looser tolerences to allow proper chambering and firing for all types of ammo.

I believe that in general a tight SAAMI spec chamber will be more accurate than a NATO chamber. But with NATO chambers, you are more guaranteed to shoot all and any type of ammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts