AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy an upper and a lower (or stripped lower and lower parts). What online stores do you recommend? I prefer the ones not in TX so I can save on the 8.25% tax.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Depends what you are looking for.

If you want a Colt, I highly recommend Knesekguns.com.

For parts kit, Delton is hard to beat in price.

Legaltransfer in NH has good deals on RRA and Stag.

If you want a Noveske I say get it from rainierarms.com or directly from Noveske as their won't be a price difference.

Rainierarms also sells LMT and shipping is always $7 no matter how big the order is.

Might want to look at budsgunshop.com. Big selection and every once in awhile they have blow out specials.

I am sure there are other reputable vendors with good prices, but I personally delt with all the above and I can say all of them are 100% in my book.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I want to buy an upper and a lower (or stripped lower and lower parts). What online stores do you recommend? I prefer the ones not in TX so I can save on the 8.25% tax.

==========================================================

Sent you a PM

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Depends what you are looking for.

If you want a Colt, I highly recommend Knesekguns.com.

Legaltransfer in NH has good deals on RRA and Stag.

If you want a Noveske I say get it from rainierarms.com or directly from Noveske as their won't be a price difference.

Rainierarms also sells LMT and shipping is always $7 no matter how big the order is.

Might want to look at budsgunshop.com. Big selection and every once in awhile they have blow out specials.

I am sure there are other reputable vendors with good prices, but I personally delt with all the above and I can say all of them are 100% in my book.
Thanks. I'll check those out.

AR15 Sales

Very highly rated on ARFcom.
I saw that vendor. Many of their stuff shows the price as "CALL". I freaking hate that. It's not like it's a printed catalog that's too expensive to update all the time. It's a website! Show the current prices. Ugh. (Sorry about the rant)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I like what I saw at Del-ton! Thanks!

So here's my deal to beat for now. $615 + FFL
Del-ton rifle kit (everything but the lower receiver) $485 shipped
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit

DPMS stripped lower receiver $130 shipped plus FFL
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 DPMS Stripped Lower Receiver

Another option I've been looking at is a CMMG Bargain Bin 16" M4 for $582 + FFL
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop...1054504&cat=33&
I think I would have to pay the 11% Federal Excise Tax though. That would bring it to about $640, unless that price already includes the tax. I sent them an email to confirm. Anyone know?

I'm not too worried about getting the brand name stuff right now. It's going to be a plinking rifle. Not something I'm going carry into a combat zone.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
my AR has been on backorder from delton for almost 2 months :( They havent charged my CC yet so it seems like they charge you when the item ships so thats good. At least I wont be out that amount for the 2 months

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I like Aim Surplus. Just bought another CMMG lower from them for $113.00. It ships Wednesday and could get it Friday.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I saw that vendor. Many of their stuff shows the price as "CALL". I freaking hate that. It's not like it's a printed catalog that's too expensive to update all the time. It's a website! Show the current prices. Ugh. (Sorry about the rant)
A lot of sites do that because they sell the prices lower than what the manufacturer wants them to. They get around it by not posting the price.

BTW AR15sales.com is a great site, but if you happen to order a RRA upper/lower be prepared to wait. My friend is now on his 9th week...

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
my AR has been on backorder from delton for almost 2 months :( They havent charged my CC yet so it seems like they charge you when the item ships so thats good. At least I wont be out that amount for the 2 months
Did you order a complete rifle or parts that you'll build?

A lot of sites do that because they sell the prices lower than what the manufacturer wants them to. They get around it by not posting the price.

BTW AR15sales.com is a great site, but if you happen to order a RRA upper/lower be prepared to wait. My friend is now on his 9th week...
I emailed them about it and they said just that. I asked them to price me an RRA stripped lower receiver in email.

To me, having to wait 9+ weeks does not equal a great place to buy from.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed them about it and they said just that. I asked them to price me an RRA stripped lower receiver in email.

To me, having to wait 9+ weeks does not equal a great place to buy from.
Don't knock Pete for wait time, it's not like he makes the RRA stuff right there and sells it. He gets stuff and sells it. If he doesn't have any, then he can't sell what he doesn't have (can only put you on a list), and that equals a wait. And, from what I'd heard, 9 weeks so far isn't that long compared to the RRA wait times I was seeing when I was looking. When I called him I asked if he had his Stag kit in stock, which he did, and it shipped out either the same or the following day, because I got it really quickly! He provided great service to me, and I'd do business with him in a heartbeat. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #15

So here's my deal to beat for now. $615 + FFL
Del-ton rifle kit (everything but the lower receiver) $485 shipped
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit

DPMS stripped lower receiver $130 shipped plus FFL
Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 DPMS Stripped Lower Receiver

I think I would have to pay the 11% Federal Excise Tax though. That would bring it to about $640, unless that price already includes the tax. I sent them an email to confirm. Anyone know?

I'm not too worried about getting the brand name stuff right now. It's going to be a plinking rifle. Not something I'm going carry into a combat zone.
PropellerHead,

Hey, just something else for you to consider, if you haven't thought of it already: does that $485 rifle kit from Del-Ton include rear Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS?) Pretty sure it doesn't, and that is something you WILL need, and can add another $100 or so pretty quickly.

I'm gonna push Pete at LegalTransfers again (AR15sales.com), and here's why. I ordered the Stag kit from him for $633, but it includes a chrome lined barrel (Delton cost extra), rear Flip Up BUIS (Delton costs extra) and comes with a 30 rd Mag (not included w/Delton kit). We'll just call that BUIS $100, the chrome lined barrel @$45 IIRC, and a 30 rd mag @ $10. That's $155 extra for thing's you'll need...well, the chrome lined barrel is nice, but not entirely necessary from what I gather. So, $485 + $155 = $640, if you want all that stuff, most of which you'll need to get. And, I think Pete has free shipping, too, or did at the time. Not sure if Del-Ton does or not.

Also, I looked up this place Ballistic Sounds Tactical Supply for you, as it's where I bought my lower from. They're selling a couple for $100, so saves ya another $30 right there. Hope that helps. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #16

The excise tax is charged to the manufacturer and is built into the cost of the rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Posting just to subscribe to the thread for future use... Although Essential Arms does have $89 lowers, or so I hear.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Bump for a good thread.

Also while we're at it, anyone here know about decent parts kits online for an AR10's?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts