AR15 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m going to buy my first sporting rifle. My options are a Bushmaster XM15-E2S (post ban) or a Ruger AR-556. Both 1/8 twist. Both 556. Both used but in nice condition. The prices are about the same. I‘m most interested on peoples opinion of which rifle has the best “chassis”and barrel. Both rifles I would upgrading stock, forearm and possibly trigger. I’m and avid shooter of pistols and rifles. But know very little of the AR world. Thank!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I’m going to buy my first sporting rifle. My options are a Bushmaster XM15-E2S (post ban) or a Ruger AR-556. Both 1/8 twist. Both 556. Both used but in nice condition. The prices are about the same. I‘m most interested on peoples opinion of which rifle has the best “chassis”and barrel. Both rifles I would upgrading stock, forearm and possibly trigger. I’m and avid shooter of pistols and rifles. But know very little of the AR world. Thank!
Depends on the price, as plinking is all it'll be good for. both of those are as basic as it gets, and quality wise they're equal, and they would need to be really cheap, as any off the shelf base gun will compare. Both were overpriced new at almost $800, a real M4 only cost the government $550 and in addition to select fire, BCG, Barrel are all way beafier. Also bushmaster, and Ruger and most of the AR suppliers all use someone elses parts with their markings, just like buying Harley , thats made by the lowest bidder that year. A trigger is always good but for a base gun its overkill. I use them for long range shoot and 2-3 pound pulls, but for the $200 plus cost of a drop in its near what the guns worth, and I woudn't pay more than $300, and honestly with all the upgrades you'll have a fortune invested in a gun with now purpose.

Take a note. The only difference between a good AR and a cheap one is The Barrel, BCG, and Trigger. The rest is generic crap. an upper and lower are two pieces of machined metal and the only way one would be bad is if the machining was off which I've never seen. put a $250 match trigger in a $ 99 lower and its no difference the a $350 Name, and I don't pay for names.

You'd be far better surved bulding one, as its quite easy, and confiure it with good stuff and gain some knowledge in the process. I built a 224 valkyrie for right around $400 with a 20" floating barrel in stainless plus $180 for the drop in trigger, so $580 for a rifle I've shot out to 1100 yards.

Just some friendly info, and if you're set on one of those don't think i'm knocking you, just wanted you to have some options to think about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts