AR15 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new olyarms k16. I've seen them with bipods mounted on them. The post on another site said they installed the sling bolt themselves just for it. Is it just a matter of drilling and tapping a hole on the foregrip?:?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tap out the sling swivel hole (remove the sling mount) and you'll have your mount/hole for your bi-pod;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't have a sling bolt hole on the front unless your saying the allen head bolt in the piece before the front grip. Sorry, I'm new to the ar lingo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does have the solid free float handguard. I didn't know if the bipod came with a mounting device, or if you drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 or 10-32 hole and just bolted in on. But thanks for the advice either way, I guess I just need to go find the bipod and see what configuration it is set up for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other thing is, the piece in front of the floating handgaurd has a weaver style rail on top, is it possible to rotate that piece 180 degrees and bolt one on there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That piece in front of the handguard is the gas block. You can't rotate it because the gas port in the barrel is on the top. Gas escapes there into the gas block and down the gas tube that runs along the top of the barrel. If you flipped it the hole in the gas block wouldn't be on top where the hole in the barrel is.

Harris bipods (the only ones I know anything about) all mount to sling studs. They do make attachments to mount them to guns without a stud installed but as far as I know they're all for specific guns. IMO it's easiest to install the stud. It takes 10 minutes if you take your time.

Take a look at the harris site. Mounting options are near the bottom of this page.

Harris Bipods

1 - 8 of 8 Posts