AR15 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today is my birthday. I have decided that im going to buy my AR lower this weekend at a gun shower. Any thing to look for or to stay away from when buying one at a gun show? What is a decent price for some common names. What about a parts kits, should I pick that up there too or get that from a dealer or online???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy Birthday :cool:

I usually pick mine up at the shows. Pretty much a lower is a lower. Get one with a logo you like if you have a choice. As for lower part kits, stick with Stag or RRA, or Bushmaster. DPMS is ok, I haven't had any problems with the 2 kits I used but other have mentioned missing or out of spec parts. Don't buy any that they tell you are FN lower parts kits. There is no such thing available to the public.

Good luck !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So today is my birthday. I have decided that im going to buy my AR lower this weekend at a gun shower.
A gun shower huh?:lol: I'm getting married this summer, so a gun shower would be a great idea. I wonder if I can set up a registry with Bravo Co. and a few others?

Another vote for picking a logo you like.....as well as Stag/RRA lower parts (I've had no issues with either). Happy Birthday!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy birthday. Down here in florida spikes and anvil arms are at almost every gun show. So that is what I buy since I can get them for $105 out the door for an excellent to spec lower with a great finish. Stag, DPMS, RRA and others seem to run around the $150's at shows. Parts kits are normally between $50-$65. I would pick up a parts kit right away that way you have something to tinker with for a few minutes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
happy b-day!

last gun "shower" i went to had... CMMG, RRA, POF, and 1 Stag.. of all the four mentioned... The Stag ended up being the better buy. I'd stick with CMMG, STAG, or POF... If you want to go with RRA, make sure you find all your RRA stuff somewhere else, b/c if you call them up, they'll give you a RIDICULOUS wait time for their stuff. They've put a bad taste in my mouth thats for sure, but they do make good stuff, I just can't justify the wait for it... Now COLT on the other hand, I'd wait 12 weeks for their stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From a fellow Aquarian Happy Bday

Mine was on Feb 11th.

My birthday present to myself was all the parts to build a long range AR. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Happy Birthday, you're not special.
You're getting older, but not much better.
we all want to embarrass you, that's why we're singing this song.
so Happy f****ing Birthday, you stupid ***hole.
-NOFX

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I completely struc kout at the gun show. Total let down. Out of the whole gun show, 1 guy had a stripped lower. It was a bushmaster, and wanted $165 for it. I thought this was a little high. I guess I am goingto the local gun store. Or because of this i feel a little discouraged and I might just got buy one. I dont know yet. I have to reevaluate the whole thing.Help please lol pros and cons would be great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts