AR15 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent had my S&W M&P15X a week yet, (pics still pending) and am already thinking about what I want next. I have seen a few pics, and would love to have a "shorty" but know nothing of what it would involve to purchase/own one. Could someone please enlighten me as to what is needed (paperwork/fees-where, who, and how)?

I will definately try to get some pics posted up today. Please remember that I am a newb, and it is extremely difficult to put the rifle down once I open the case, so unfortunately (for you ) I may have to have the wifey take the pics with me holding it. Please dont tell her I am already planning the next purchase/build or you may end up with pics of a crime scene.

P.S. Three gun match coming up on Sunday, I now have two out of three! Cant wait!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if i were you i would get a FAl or CETME...i have always been a fan of both of those. Something abuot the boom of a .308 battle rifle:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FN makes a battle rifle called the FAL, a spanish variant made by a different company is called the CETME (set-me). I think HK even makes a version of this, the G3...i might be wrong on that.

if you google either youl see what im talking about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Learn to use what you have first, then you'll have a better idea what your next should be. ;)
For now spend the $ on mags (lots of them) and ammo (lots of it). :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would def buy hi-cap mags and loads of ammo. However if you are rich you can look at the FAL or a AR-10 both are chambered for .308. Heckler does have a .308 rifle which is the G3 but they are expensive. If you want to stay with 5.56/.223 I suggest getting a Varminter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Given that this is the AR forum, I won't go into the HK and clones (PTR91) recommendations.. do what Mike and Jack said.. get mags and crap load of ammo and learn to shoot the one you have. If you're dead set on getting another one and don't want to live on the couch.. CMMG has their bargain bin rifles that are more than worth the obscenely low cost!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts