AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·






Brand new, $853 after taxes....did I get ripped off? If so oh well, I finally got one so I'll take the good with the bad!


 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tomahawk said:
I'm almost positive it has the A1 upper....If I sorta know what I'm talking about.... so does that mean If I want to make it easier for some sort of scope or red dot I should get one of these
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/vur.asp

Or would that not even work?
That will work, but it will be lots of work. To change the upper the barrel and gas system must be removed. That requires the right tools and a bit of know how. Headspace should also be checked afterwards. One of these two mounts might be a better choice. These are just bolt on type mounts. They are also avail from many vendors at prices a lot less than the arms (which are top quality) from bushy.
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/5855-01-299-777.asp

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/arms39.asp
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SteveW1958 said:
That will work, but it will be lots of work. To change the upper the barrel and gas system must be removed. That requires the right tools and a bit of know how. Headspace should also be checked afterwards. One of these two mounts might be a better choice. These are just bolt on type mounts. They are also avail from many vendors at prices a lot less than the arms (which are top quality) from bushy.
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/5855-01-299-777.asp

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/arms39.asp

Thanks for the info....holy cow didn't realize it would be so much work!

Both of those scope mounts seem like they would work pretty good thanks!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use the 39a mount on my Bushy dissipator and love it. I tried the cheaper mounts and none of them will stay tight without using locktite. The ARMS however is solid, tight, with no movement whatsoever. I mounted a Aimpoint clone over the forearm and it works great. I have lower 1/3 co whitness on the sights so if the cheap assed clone goes belly up I can still use my sights through it. I had one of those 11 1/2" barreled uppers make sure you have ear plugs in when you fire it otherwise it'll ring your bell.:eek: If you want to go cheap shoot me a PM I have a leupold scope mount for the carry handle and a Cherokee cheek piece I'll let you have for $30. Picture of mine with the ARMS mount are on page 10 of the Pictures thread under Group Portrait.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You did good. Now shoot the hell out of the marmot who is tailing your thread! You have to cover your 6!!! ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been shopping AR and looked at that one. You got it fair to say the least, You will always find it cheaper somwhere else no matter what it is. I am not a big fan of the 11 1/5 barrell, but I pondered buying that rifle for a about a day but for me shotting 2 and 3 gun mathces the barrell would'nt do
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xd4life said:
I have been shopping AR and looked at that one. You got it fair to say the least, You will always find it cheaper somwhere else no matter what it is. I am not a big fan of the 11 1/5 barrell, but I pondered buying that rifle for a about a day but for me shotting 2 and 3 gun mathces the barrell would'nt do
Try a Dissipator, you'll love it, the longer handgaurds wont let you grab the front sight on accident and the heavier barrel makes it easier to stay on target. You can get them in A-2 and A-3 configurations. Mine is a post ban so its going to be sent off for a little work, Mil spec front sight, Fluted barrel, and a phantom flash suppressor. The factory break on it is just plain too loud for me.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like that is the A2 Bushmaster. My dad just picked up the A3 last night, which has the removable handle on the ********** rail for easy scope mounting. It was $971 after taxes out the door in 20 minutes. I love the look and feel of this rifle. I just bought my XD-45 3 weeks ago, and dad used that as an excuse to get the gun he's wanted ever since he left the military 25 years ago, lol. I'll have to post some pics up for you.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is an A2; the A1 didn't have the shell deflector. It's a nice rifle at a good price, by the way
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kimura said:
It is an A2; the A1 didn't have the shell deflector. It's a nice rifle at a good price, by the way
Thanks for the info!

By the way I shot 250 rounds through it yesterday! All I have to say is AWESOME. Insanely fun to shoot, I just need the damn sight tool for the front sight.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you don't have a sight tool, even a bullet tip will get the job done. Push in the pin and slowly turn, step by step. It'll get there.

Nice rifle, have fun, shoot safe. :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hobocircus said:
If you don't have a sight tool, even a bullet tip will get the job done. Push in the pin and slowly turn, step by step. It'll get there.

Nice rifle, have fun, shoot safe. :)
That's what I did with the rear sight but I'm thinking the elevation might be off a little and I can't really grab ahold of that little front sight while puching down that pin.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tomahawk said:
That's what I did with the rear sight but I'm thinking the elevation might be off a little and I can't really grab ahold of that little front sight while puching down that pin.
You push down the plunger and while you're holding it down, you make the "wheel" turn a little until it rests over the plunger. Let it go and click it to the next notch. It's slow, but you'll get zeroed eventually.
You can also use 2 pointy tools. One to hold down the plunger and the other to engage one of the several notches on the wheel for multiple clicks.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top