AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got a nice bonus at work and figured I'd start my first AR build. I picked up a Doublestar lower at the local show for $129. I noticed that budsgunshop has the lower for $99 shipped, but after the local FFL transfer fee and the state police check, I still came out ahead. I'm going to slowly build up the lower with everything I want, and then just get a complete upper down the road. My bonus was enough to buy a complete rifle up front, but I figure partially building one will be more fun and educational. So "Yay me!":cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on Bro.! I built both of mine and I wouldn't have it any other way. Of course, like a hot-rod, you're never finished! You just keep on adding stuff until you're satisfied and then you change it!? Ha, ha, you gotta love the sickness! Happy shooting! Or is that: Happy building!?:lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know if these lowers use milspec buffer tubes? I've read some companies have commercial size buffer tubes rather than milspec and you have to order the right stock/buffer tube. I have an email into the company, but figured I'd ask here in case someone knows offhand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The threads are the same on either. What is different is the diameter of the "tube" itself. Go with a "mil spec" size, your options of buttstocks are better than with the commercial ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows if this doublestar lower is the mil spec diameter or the commercial diameter? i don't have any calipers or I'd check myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows if this doublestar lower is the mil spec diameter or the commercial diameter? i don't have any calipers or I'd check myself.
All lowers are the same, as long as they meet spec. If they didn't, they wouldn't be around long. Either tube will fit. What matters is when you go to buy your stock, buy as a kit and no worries, just make sure to get a milspec kit and you are good to go. I got mine from Bravo Company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts