AR15 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... i have a 16" .223 Bushmaster XM15 E2S A3 AR-15 and i gotta problem. i think i have posted this before, but still am having the same problems.... im trying to remove the front post so i can take off the A2 gas block and add something with a flip up front sight or something. PLEASE inform me why i cannot get neither the flash suppressor OR the gas block to even budge, (on the GB) i have soaked it in break free and removed the pins... no go... what am i missing... and for the FS, the thing wont budge at all.. im ASSUMING they unscrew the same as a normal screw and not clockwise? am i dumb? haha...

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
not sure about the gas block, but what is the over all length of the barrel with the Flash supressor on it? If removing the FS will decrease the length of the barrel shorter than the legal length of 16" it is permenantly attached and there are covered pins that need to be uncovered and removed but when you add your new FS you will need to have it permenantly attached to make it legal. or you will need to register the weapon as a SBR and get a tax stamp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts