AR15 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deployed.

at the PX (yea, i said the same thing...) they sell Command Arms Accessories Rail systems for M16/M4... small flashlight holders... some various stuff. buttstocks...

My question is are the CAA Rail Systems any good? Price 89.00 No taxes here.

solid polymer... here's the site - 99.00. seem pretty sturdy... and for only 89 bucks i thought i'd better ask around.

know any better deals?

here's the site

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why get plastic when you can get these? Many of us here bought them when they were on special for like 50 bucks a while back. Mine are holding up very well, no problems at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one your showing is pretty close to what I first put on my A2 upper back right after the ban ended. Honestly, they weren't half bad for polymer. They do get dinged easily and if you mount something to them too tightly, they do deform a tad, nothing horrible but it isn't going to be like the aluminum rails you see else where. They are pretty good about not transferring heat, but mine had heat shields. The rail covers were a PITA and bulked up the over all exterior circumference a good bit.

If you need to go lower cost, even though after rail covers and shipping it'll be about the same price... go with the ones that Nikkon pointed out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the looks of those 2-piece Handguards in Nikkon's post. I've been leaning more heavily towards purchasing a 2-piece set instead of some FF guards, basically because I don't want to have to mess with taking the Front Sight, Flash Hider, etc off...looks like a bit of an ordeal. Plus, the 2-piece rails are much less expensive. So, do they work just as well? What's the real advantage of FF over 2-piece?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the Surefire m73 rails on my AR

they are nice but they better be because they are expensive if I had it to do over I would have chosen a less expensive models

40-45

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I try to buy my AR accessories "used" :D
I've gotten 2 sets of the Surefire M73's on the EE at ar15.com.
1 set was $85 :eek:, the other $100 :eek:

Brand new they are a middle line handguard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I try to buy my AR accessories "used" :D
I've gotten 2 sets of the Surefire M73's on the EE at ar15.com.
1 set was $85 :eek:, the other $100 :eek:

Brand new they are a middle line handguard.

i'm doing much more of that now than awhile ago!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so what is the benefit of the top end hand guards over the middle of the line ones. i picked up some MI drop in (non FF) car length aluminum rails, gooseneck mount, A2 carry handle mount, tacPoint, 2 four rib KAC cover, 2 six rib KAC covers, a KAC VFG, and a good length of cheap NCSTAR rail cover all for $150

ive shot a few of my buddies ARs with different rails such as TROY, DD and KAC, and i cant really tell much difference in them all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts